Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How long do you spend at the pump? >

How long do you spend at the pump?

Notices

How long do you spend at the pump?

Old 08-01-2006, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long do you spend at the pump?

It never hit me before, how long it takes to fill my boat up with gas. Saturday I pulled up to the pump and started filling up. Went inside, went to the bathroom, got a burger and fries, ate said meal, bought some beer, and walked out to the boat. The pump was still running. It must take 15 minutes or more to fill up. I wish the wife could pull the boat on the trailer. I would send her to fill it up while I am still in bed.

Also do all of the pumps around you kick off at $50 or $75 when you try to pay at the pump? What a pain in the AZZ.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Speed is everything
Gold Member

Default Re: How long do you spend at the pump?

The stations around here have up'ed the pumps to 100.00 from 75.00. I still have to restart it 3 times. What a pain in the ASS
Old 08-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Registered

I spend way to much time at the pump. Probably at least a half an hour. I'm usually pumping 250 gallons at a time. Always with two nozzels going. The sucky part is the locks have been removed so you gotta hold em the entire time. The worst part is paying $1200 to fill it up.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I like the big truckstops as there is usually more room to swing around in there. I'll also drive out of my way (out of the County I live in) to avoid Ethanol mix as well.

I have two fills, one for each tank. If I am filling up; I will hug the island and take the gas hose from my side of the island AND the other side as well. I have two tanks; one for each motor. If you walk in and tell the attendant that you only want to pay once, she can turn on the pump as a "cash sale" but they will probably want to hold your CC while you pump. When you finish, they can ring it up as one sale and charge it inside.

All of these tricks will help speed the process, but they are hard to do when the station is packed. Also, if I swipe my Visa card 3 times, my damn bank shuts my card off due to "suspicious activity" until I call them to turn it back on.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-01-2006 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A month ago,after I hit the max it wouldn't accept my card. Wouldn't reset,I had fill the rest with cash. If I remember correctly I was only at about $200 when it stopped. They tried to tell me my card was maxed out. No Way, I wasn't happy. Doug
Old 08-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The worst part of $3 a gallon gas is it seems like they slowed the pumps down so you think you're getting your money's worth! I know i'm getting screwed so turn up the frickin' volume so I can get the h*ll out of there!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 AM

Or how about when you go in and pay for say, $400 on pump one in advance. Then when it gets to like $399.75 the pump slows down so much that it takes 5 mor minutes to get that $.25 I mean damn it is a computer, why can't it shut off instantly instead of crawling the last few feet.

I gave up on pay at the pump unless I have a bunch of buddies going on the boat. Then we just keep shoving everyones debit card in there until we get it full $75 at a time. Although I have been using my miles card for fuel this year. I figure rather than using the debit card I am at least going to get something in return.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Registered

Pumps around here shut off at $100 - some at $50! $50 is not even a full tank in the truck, let alone the boat!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

20-30 minutes I'd have to guess, that doesn't include the 20 minutes waiting for the guy in the 19 ft bowrider or the guy with the 51 OL taking up the whole dock to move outta the way....
Old 08-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Registered

whats a pump, a friend of mine owns a company that brings the truck to my lift and fills it up Thursday night i just jump on the boat and go

Quick Reply: How long do you spend at the pump?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.