Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Platinum Powerboats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136743-platinum-powerboats.html)

CcanDo 08-01-2006 07:11 PM

Platinum Powerboats

Does anyone know what is going on at Platinum ? Their web site lists the phone and address at Ft.Lauderdale.However,the phone is answered by recording.The leave word has not been answered....Also,is Jim Dyke still on board ?

LubeJobs42 08-01-2006 08:14 PM

Re: Platinum Powerboats

Hi, I have been in negotiations to have a new Platinum built. I have been dealing with the owner Andreas Trost. We agreed on the price. He said Skater was not going to build them any longer. They were setting up a new factory in tennessee and bringing a crew over from Europe to build the boats. I was ready to send a deposit and Andreas asked me to wait a few weeks until the molds were moved. It's been over a month and he dosen't return calls or emails. Thank goodness I didn't send the deposit!!!! (Remember my last deposit? Big Scotty). I don't know whats going on, I am a little frustrated. I was looking forward to getting the boat. Hopefully they are still in the works of setting up, I still want to build the first Poker run Platinum. A lot of time went into planning the set up. I will keep you updated if I hear from them.
Jim Dyke is no longer connected.

LostinBoston 08-01-2006 08:18 PM

Gino,
Why not something bigger and faster?
http://www.mysticpowerboats.com/c5000.htm

LubeJobs42 08-01-2006 08:44 PM

I was talking with Platinum for a while. It was going to take 10 months to get the Platinum. I was going to use the MTI until the Platinum was done. That Mystic is beautiful. 50 is a bg boat!!! I'm sure it huge $$$. Do you have any info on them?

THEJOKER 08-01-2006 08:44 PM

Where are those built LB?

Rik 08-01-2006 09:12 PM

The Mystic is not that large of $$$ compared to the others mentioned.

It's actually a good bargin for the price.

LostinBoston 08-01-2006 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I was talking with Platinum for a while. It was going to take 10 months to get the Platinum. I was going to use the MTI until the Platinum was done. That Mystic is beautiful. 50 is a bg boat!!! I'm sure it huge $$$. Do you have any info on them?

Yeah I know a thing or two about the boat. Call me if you want to talk about it. You could also call them directly. John and Chip are very friendly and willing to answer any questions.
-Rick

LostinBoston 08-01-2006 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rik

For the size boat that it is, it probably one of the best "deals" dollar/foot wise.

LostinBoston 08-01-2006 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Where are those built LB?

Deland, FL

THEJOKER 08-01-2006 09:33 PM

Got to go by and see those guy's when I'm in Daytona!

CcanDo 08-01-2006 09:33 PM

Thanks,Gino!
The Mystic truly is beautiful,though it resembles the proverbial monkey dating a football,sitting on that trailer. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong,but 36 + feet seems to be a number that is trailer able,provides a decent ride,fits the slip and generally speaking,a manageable poker run length.The Platinum basically fits that description.
I wonder if anyone else is working on the Tencara --similar design.
Gino,do you know how to reach Jim Dyke ?Also,what Tenn. town they may be moving too.

Jassman 08-02-2006 06:17 AM

Was there a split up, what did I miss. Who is Mystic. Thanks Jeff

J-Bonz 08-02-2006 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by CcanDo
Thanks,Gino!
The Mystic truly is beautiful,though it resembles the proverbial monkey dating a football,sitting on that trailer. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong,but 36 + feet seems to be a number that is trailer able,provides a decent ride,fits the slip and generally speaking,a manageable poker run length.The Platinum basically fits that description.
Gino,do you know how to reach Jim Dyke ?Also,what Tenn. town they may be moving too.

I thought Jim was out of vermilion, OH and thats where all the platinums where built........................
Jr.

Dean Ferry 08-02-2006 06:42 AM

Thanks,Gino!

I've seen the C50 up close and personnal many times, and it's one of the aero-dynamic designed boats out there. I don't get the monkey/football analogy? :rolleyes: The orders that Mystic is getting for the C50, and the people who are ordering them, will speak VOLUMES of the quality of design and build. How many other boat builders out there do a FEA on every design they produce? If you want a C50 soon, you better get it on order soon, or you are going to have to WAIT!
Can't wait for LOTO! :drink:
Dean

Dean Ferry 08-02-2006 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jassman
Was there a split up, what did I miss. Who is Mystic. Thanks Jeff

Jeff,
Mystic powerboats is owned by John Cosker, the naval enginner who designed, built, rigged and throttles all of the Callan marine boats. John's design back ground speaks for itself, he was the ONLY USA design engineer for Rolla props, when he 1st graduated from FIT, he has done design work for Fabio Buzzi, John Connors, Donzi Marine, Midnight Express, Deep Impact, etc. Mystic just moved into their new 15,000 sq. ft. $1 million dollar facility and they are very, very busy these days. Equally impressive is the new SL70 they are building. See attached pic of the drives on the new SL70

www.mysticpowerboats.com

Jeff, Hope this helps answers your question. :D
Dean

Dean Ferry 08-02-2006 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rik

Rik,
Very true, JC and I were talking the other day about building one with big diesels, and the $$ he quoted me was really a great deal! :drink: If I could only sell our Nordic! :evilb:
Dean

LostinBoston 08-02-2006 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Rik,
Very true, JC and I were talking the other day about building one with big diesels, and the $$ he quoted me was really a great deal! :drink: If I could only sell our Nordic! :evilb:
Dean

Dean that would be awesome. If I had the space/money id get the same boat.

ScottB 08-02-2006 12:55 PM

I was at the new facility yesterday, and the stuff John is doing is absolutely incredible

Dean Ferry 08-02-2006 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by ScottB
I was at the new facility yesterday, and the stuff John is doing is absolutely incredible

Scott,
It is pretty incredible, some of the projects that Mystic is doing, isn't it? :D I might go testing with them on Friday, if I slide out of work in time! :mad:
Dean

BLee 08-02-2006 02:21 PM

I'm glad to see more serious cats out there for competition. Platinum and Mystic both look great.

cougarman 08-02-2006 02:32 PM

Do you know how to reach Jim Dyke ?

Jim Dyke's numberat Adaptive Composite's is 440-967-1073
They are extremly busy so Jim can be a hard guy to reach.

Cougarman

Dean Ferry 08-02-2006 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by BLee
I'm glad to see more serious cats out there for competition. Platinum and Mystic both look great.

B,
How is the new Skater treating you? I can't wait to see it @ LOTO! :drink:
Dean

BLee 08-02-2006 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
B,
How is the new Skater treating you? I can't wait to see it @ LOTO! :drink:
Dean

I hope to see it at Loto too! I am having the engines rebuilt right now. It's going to be close on making loto unfortunately.

animalhouse 08-02-2006 05:37 PM

The Outerlimits Cat is about a month away from completion, just needs paint and motors on Hull #1. Looks impressive. It took a little longer than expected, but Mike made some changes that were well worth it.

If you are looking at the Mystic and the Platnum, you should check this boat out as well.

ScottB 08-02-2006 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I might go testing with them on Friday, if I slide out of work in time!
Only a handful of people on this Planet have had the opportunity to go 180mph+ in a boat let alone a turbine powered boat TAKE OFF WORK OR QUIT. The power and accelleration of the turbines are incredible

CcanDo 08-02-2006 06:28 PM

Cougerman,Thanks for Jim Dykes phone number.I've talked with Jim in the past.However,the number had been misplaced.Incidentally,Jim conveys total professionalism, as we have spoken.I'm sorry to hear he is no longer associated with Platinum.

I'm still confused that the Florida phone number for Platinum doesn't reply.Does anyone care to add to Lubejobs42 comments.Does anyone know about the new CEO ? What will be the eventual demise of the molds ?

44MTI 08-02-2006 08:39 PM

What is a ballpark price on either the Platinum or the mystic?

Dean Ferry 08-03-2006 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
What is a ballpark price on either the Platinum or the mystic?

42MTI,
Contact John Cosker, @ 386-736-2247, (Mystic Powerboats Office #) and he'll give you a quote on the C50, with any power/drive combo you want. :drink: They are still in the process of moving into their new facility, so might have to leave a message, BUT, JC will call you back, ASAP!
Hope this helps,
Dean

Dean Ferry 08-03-2006 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by ScottB
Only a handful of people on this Planet have had the opportunity to go 180mph+ in a boat let alone a turbine powered boat TAKE OFF WORK OR QUIT. The power and accelleration of the turbines are incredible

Scott,
I hear ya dude, I have been on the C62 testing, (Which wasn't there the other day, when you were visiting the Mystic facility) and it was a really cool time! I've got to see how today goes, I have our customer, (USMC) in town for a review! If I can't make it tomorrow, I catch a ride @ LOTO! :drink: :D
Dean

CcanDo 08-06-2006 08:18 AM

Does anyone have an update on any part of the Platinum story?....Such would definitely be appreciated.

Dean Ferry 08-06-2006 10:43 AM

Hmmm, as far as I know, Mystic powerboats or Callan marine have not had any problems procuring Kevlar, carbon fiber, or any other lamination materials? :cool: Probobly different suppliers. Interesting Mystic/Callan factoid # 17,

The C50 molds, (Both deck and hull) are made of Carbon FIber!$$$$

Callan or Mystic don't do anything half a$$! :drink:

Dean

CcanDo 08-06-2006 10:46 AM

Thanks,Ginger, any other news would be appreciated.

Maximus 08-06-2006 06:42 PM

Wow!!!! those C 50's sure are pretty. Maybe someday I'll get a chance to run one of them. Dean that must have been the ride of a lifetime.

Marc :D

TeamSaris 08-06-2006 06:59 PM

Wich boat stuffed in KW a few years back and broke a sponson?

LubeJobs42 08-06-2006 07:29 PM

I wish i knew the story with Platinum. I would love to go forward with building one. I even know what I am doing for paint. I know Doug Wright told me about 6 months ago that material was getting hard to get and he was smart enough to stock up while it was available.

If anyone has a Platinum update please let me know. If anyone from Platinum reads this please be kind enough to let me know what's up. Thank you

LostinBoston 08-07-2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Wich boat stuffed in KW a few years back and broke a sponson?

that was there old tencara. Before the C50 was finished.

CcanDo 08-07-2006 03:28 PM

Ginger,sorry to say,no it is not done....However,for all practical purposes it will be better than new.
All glass work,new paint,new interior,new patentable trailer,new #6 gimbals are mounted,drives are in the box's,new motors are dressed,it just has to be finished.
What would you charge me to come down and put it together ?We have a nice shop.
We do have the Skater running,however.

Dueclaws 08-07-2006 03:35 PM

CcD-
Nice shop is an understatement! :D
Due

shifter 08-07-2006 08:11 PM

I was with Andreas this weekend Call me at 949 645-4064. I will put you in touch with Andreas direct.

We ran the 41 vee with big power this weekend at N.C. with Andreas and Vern Gilbert.

pat W

Katdrvr 08-08-2006 04:23 PM

Due,

I agree with you on the shop.

mike