Notices

Insurance Issue

Old 08-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Insurance Issue

I just got a call from my insurance company. I have my two houses, cars, content insurance and so on with them. Boats are insured under Boat US. Well they now know about my boats and said that they want to drop my umbrella policy. I was able to convice them this year to keep it on but they said that they will review it every year from this point on. I have a almost perfect record (will be next year). Never had a boat claim. As we all know I almost never use my boats anyhow!!

So anyone know if this is normal? I do like this company for the most part (Amica). My wife checked with insurance through her company (Johnson & Johnson). They all do not either do motor boats, or boats of that hp/age.

Jon
Old 08-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Insurance Issue

I had a buisness and two houses and 2 motorcycles and 4 cars with state farm they wouldd not insure boat and since they did not have all my insurance they dropped my 1 mil unberella
I dropped them
Old 08-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you couldn't PAY me to insure a lawn mower with STATE FARM! They have got to be the worst. Canceled everything with them.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I inquired about insuring my boat with my insurance company. Because they didn't have the boat, they wouldn't continue my umbrella policy. I don't understand what the issue was. It's pretty clear, the boat wouldn't be under the umbrella. What pissed me off is that the company declined my boat because of the speed! Argh!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I had my boat insured with someone other than State Farm (they insure my home, autos, personal effects, and my Umbrella). It did have to undergo individual approval, but they did bless it; for a couple years this way. I had to have the boat policy match all of the policy requirements deemed by State Farm.

I now have everything; boat included, with State Farm.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by klaw
I had a buisness and two houses and 2 motorcycles and 4 cars with state farm they wouldd not insure boat and since they did not have all my insurance they dropped my 1 mil unberella
I dropped them

Yep,
SCREW State Farm, I just called them to get a quote for the new Seadoo boat and they said as 8/1/06, they won't insure any more boats or homes on Merritt Island, Fl.!!! But they will sure take my money for the 3 cars and 1 truck we have with them. i told them that as soon as I get the seadoo insurance taken care of, would find someone else to give my auto ins business to. That's another great thing about America, if you don't like how youare being treated, take it some where else.
Dean
Old 08-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered

sad to say but being in the insurance business alot of the big agencies are pulling out of tier 1 and tier 2 in flood and windstorm on homes and dropping all boat policies after last summer's storms. it's a pain seeing whats going on and having to keep my toys covered but after the amount paid out in damages to boats and homes, it seems like things are going to only continue to become harder to place and more expensive. i've heard some peoples's deduct's being the replacement cost or ACV depending on the policy