Notices

How's the boat market???

Old 02-04-2002, 10:38 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How's the boat market???

Haven't seen much feedback, but with KMart having trouble, Toysrus I saw the other day was closing a lot of stores, our local Sears has cut back, and the hosts of other companies cutting back, other than just retail.

Any salesman/dealers/owners out there with any input? How many people are in the market to buy/sell?

How's it going out there?

Mark
Old 02-04-2002, 10:39 PM
packinair

There is still a market

Old 02-04-2002, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Went to the Tulso boat show this weekend. Was very impressed w/ the number of Performance boats that were already sold by the time I got there. Cigs, Sunsation, Baja, Crownline, and Cobalt were some of the names that had sold several of thier show inventory. I thought that said something for the market.

Buck
Old 02-04-2002, 11:32 PM
Registered

I think that market is doing fairly well compared to the economy. With the events of sept 11, I think people are living for today and worring about it tommorow.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Phone rings off the hook, Email ishard to keep up with, Hired another Salesperson last week, More people are calling me about sourcing boats to buy than boats to sell. Im loving it. If I could only find about three more hours in the day to catch up.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:14 AM
SpeedFreak

Talking

Off to the one of the best starts our corporation has ever had. To many rebates and incentives out there for the buyer to pass up. That is not to say some boat manufactureres aren't in trouble due to the recent events, but people are definately buying. Heard from many dealers all across the country saying their shows are the best they have ever had. Like people have said before we have noticed a slump in the used boat market, probably due to the incentives and financing rates on new boats.

Barry

Old 02-05-2002, 01:13 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

hey IDRPSTF can you find someone to buy my boat??? I will let her go pretty cheap.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:38 AM
Registered

I can't sell mine right now. Oh chit, I better advertise it
Old 02-05-2002, 10:44 AM
Uncle Toys

Went to Eliminator Saturday, they were the busiest I have seen them in six months. Talked to a couple of the guys who told me they are the as busy as they can remember.

But I still can't sell my freaking three-year-old Suburban. Worst deprecation on a vehicle I have ever seen!

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Uncle Toys ]

Old 02-05-2002, 11:00 AM
Registered

SpeedFreak-
You should just call yourself Freak!!! Anybody that gets his ass kicked by a drunk lesbian deserves such a name!!!
Can you guess who this is yet?

Quick Reply: How's the boat market???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.