Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Going testing with Callan Marine today! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/136980-going-testing-callan-marine-today.html)

Dean Ferry 08-04-2006 07:20 AM

Going testing with Callan Marine today!

1 Attachment(s)
Going to play a little hokey from work today and catch a ride in this beast!
I 'll take lots of pics, got to get to the ramp!

Audiofn 08-04-2006 07:37 AM

Re: Going testing with Callan Marine today!

JERK!!!! :drink: :drink:

Strip Poker 388 08-04-2006 07:49 AM

Try to get a little vid with your digital camera also :D

CigDaze 08-04-2006 07:53 AM

Snuck out of work today, I see! :D
You suck! :p
Have fun.

cuda 08-04-2006 08:02 AM

Lake Monroe? What time?

sakoutis3 08-04-2006 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Going to play a little hokey from work today and catch a ride in this beast!
I 'll take lots of pics, got to get to the ramp!

I'm jealous. :cool:

delleto 08-04-2006 08:06 AM

Have fun and enjoy the ride!

ratman 08-04-2006 09:42 AM

lucky bastid, get a lot of pics

Comanche3Six 08-04-2006 09:45 AM

Have fun!

thedonz 08-04-2006 10:11 AM

wow you are one lucky son of a gun :D ....that is awsome...why do you have the honor ? enjoy it homey

mike

Dean Ferry 08-05-2006 06:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well,
1st off, my thanks to Dave Callan, and the Callan/Mystic crew for allowing me to EXPERINCE such an Adrenaline RUSH!
It was AWESOME!! :D :drink: :D We only ran 187 because there wasn't time to schedule any safey divers.

Dean Ferry 08-05-2006 06:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And the only problem of the day was a power steering pump belt broke!

And I have NEVER been in a boat that turned @ 140 MPH!!! :eek:

And Scott B. you were correct, I have never felt acceleration like that in my life!!

Counting down to LOTO! :D

Dean Ferry 08-05-2006 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by thedonz
wow you are one lucky son of a gun :D ....that is awsome...why do you have the honor ? enjoy it homey

mike

Mike,
I guess I was just born lucky to have John Cosker @ Mystic powerboats as my best friend. :D I 've been involved with Mystic powerboats from the 1st day that JC started Mystic. :D
Dean

rush 08-05-2006 06:44 AM

That is soooo cool! can you tell us what power it has. :D

cuda 08-05-2006 06:51 AM

Mike,
I guess I was just born lucky to have John Cosker @ Mystic powerboats as my best friend. :D I 've been involved with Mystic powerboats from the 1st day that JC started Mystic. :D
Dean

Didn't you go to college with him? That's what I heard.

Shane 08-05-2006 06:58 AM

And the only problem of the day was a power steering pump belt broke!

And I have NEVER been in a boat that turned @ 140 MPH!!! :eek:

And Scott B. you were correct, I have never felt acceleration like that in my life!!

Counting down to LOTO! :D

Good Morning Dean! Please have your wife take you to the doctor immediately. I believe you have eaten some Manatee that was way under cooked and have contracted a horrific mind altering disease. The problem was not a broken power steering belt, it was the lack of a steering wheel! See your picture above. Please do not operate any power equipment until you have been seen by a physician! :drink: :p

Hope you had a great time! :cool:

Dean Ferry 08-05-2006 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by rush
That is soooo cool! can you tell us what power it has. :D

Rush,
It has twin T-55 turbines 2800 HP each! :eek:
Dean

Maximus 08-05-2006 09:20 AM

Those sure are pretty boats. :D

Marc

cuda 08-05-2006 10:13 AM

I damn sure meant to run by there yesterday, but I got busy, and it slipped my mind.

Pete B 08-05-2006 10:30 AM

Obviously they are setting up for the shoot out!
will they return to racing???
The Platinum Princess needs a playmate!!

ScottB 08-05-2006 12:56 PM

The Platinum Princess has a few playmates for Vegas lined up :evilb:
and a few more for next year :drink:

thedonz 08-05-2006 02:18 PM

any more pics ?

mike

Downtown42 08-05-2006 02:41 PM

That must be a ride of a lifetime...hearing the turbines wind up. Awesome.

Strip Poker 388 08-05-2006 03:13 PM

Well,
1st off, my thanks to Dave Callan, and the Callan/Mystic crew for allowing me to EXPERINCE such an Adrenaline RUSH!
It was AWESOME!! :D :drink: :D We only ran 187 because there wasn't time to schedule any safey divers.

Shure thats the reason ,maybe you got scared and said let me out:rolleyes: :D

Dean how about some more picks :drink: :drink:

kswest 08-05-2006 04:37 PM

WOW. I;m jealous. No room for one more?? ;)

Where'd ya run?

P.S. I am running again, kinda.

berns29scarab 08-06-2006 03:59 AM

its all punk... lets ta1-732-684-4918 lk.....

Dean Ferry 08-06-2006 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Shure thats the reason ,maybe you got scared and said let me out:rolleyes: :D

Dean how about some more picks :drink: :drink:

Rob,
That's all the pics I took, I was kinda busy, JC had a set of water preesure gauges for the sea strainers that they had me monitor and report readings @ different speeds. I'll have plenty of pics from LOTO. :D
I told you we bought a new Seadoo jet boat for HQ and the kids ,didn't I?
Talk to soon,
Dean

littlenige 08-06-2006 03:39 PM

Rush,
It has twin T-55 turbines 2800 HP each! :eek:
Dean

:eek: :eek: :eek: :evilb: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Dean Ferry 08-07-2006 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by kswest
WOW. I;m jealous. No room for one more?? ;)

Where'd ya run?

P.S. I am running again, kinda.

Kyle,
Heard the trip didn't go very well! :(
Dean

kswest 08-07-2006 10:34 AM

Kyle,
Heard the trip didn't go very well! :(
Dean

Quality replaced my thermostats in the morning.

Gregg and I are running high 50s down the indian river .. one motor dies .. I kill the trottles and open the hatch .. water up OVER the stringers .. Water hose blew off the starboard motor and was filling the bilge .. I thought we were going to sink.

End of the day = me beached at Ballard Park with one motor hydrolocked and the other missing a water hose and a classic Central FL thunderstorm rolling in.

Hour later TowBoat shows up to take us to ICM. Tow boat stalls about 30 times during the less than a mile trip.

EARLY Saturday morning Tim comes out (thanks Tim), puts a hose on and gets the other motor un-hydrolocked. We run it at the marina for a while .. .everyting looks good. I head back for harbortown.

Middle of the river .. Hose comes off again .. port motor dies b/c of all the water. I limp back to ICM. Tim didn't know the clamp on the elbow of the hose was what was wrong, he thought it was just the hose came off so he didn't fix the real problem.

I head over the West Marine and buy some hose clamps and a leatherman. Pissed I rip the hose out, get it all fixed and quadruple clampped, etc., etc. and head home. This time it is fine.

I spend an hour or so @ harbortown cleaning everything up and head out to Ski Island to meet Gregg. 1/2 way down the barge canal the port (hydrolocked) motor craps out and won't restart. Black smoke.

We limp over to the island, hang out all day and head back around 5. Both motors start right up. I am thinking the combo of being hydrolocked and all the water I was spraying while cleaning caused the port motor issue in the afternoon since it made it all the way back from ICM fine.

Ahhhhhhh nice relaxing birthday weekend :evilb:

kswest 08-07-2006 10:37 AM

Oh and that was just me ....

Gregg had and oil temp and pressure issue

and

Tom had some electrical problem.

Only the Bajas were running well.

Dean Ferry 08-07-2006 10:48 AM

Quality replaced my thermostats in the morning.

Gregg and I are running high 50s down the indian river .. one motor dies .. I kill the trottles and open the hatch .. water up OVER the stringers .. Water hose blew off the starboard motor and was filling the bilge .. I thought we were going to sink.

End of the day = me beached at Ballard Park with one motor hydrolocked and the other missing a water hose and a classic Central FL thunderstorm rolling in.

Hour later TowBoat shows up to take us to ICM. Tow boat stalls about 30 times during the less than a mile trip.

EARLY Saturday morning Tim comes out (thanks Tim), puts a hose on and gets the other motor un-hydrolocked. We run it at the marina for a while .. .everyting looks good. I head back for harbortown.

Middle of the river .. Hose comes off again .. port motor dies b/c of all the water. I limp back to ICM. Tim didn't know the clamp on the elbow of the hose was what was wrong, he thought it was just the hose came off so he didn't fix the real problem.

I head over the West Marine and buy some hose clamps and a leatherman. Pissed I rip the hose out, get it all fixed and quadruple clampped, etc., etc. and head home. This time it is fine.

I spend an hour or so @ harbortown cleaning everything up and head out to Ski Island to meet Gregg. 1/2 way down the barge canal the port (hydrolocked) motor craps out and won't restart. Black smoke.

We limp over to the island, hang out all day and head back around 5. Both motors start right up. I am thinking the combo of being hydrolocked and all the water I was spraying while cleaning caused the port motor issue in the afternoon since it made it all the way back from ICM fine.

Ahhhhhhh nice relaxing birthday weekend :evilb:

Sorry about your bad luck, sounds like Quality is not quite living up to their name. :( I'll show this thread to HQ the next time she is complaining that I should let somebody else do the work on our boats! :cool:

You need to change the oil in both of your engines ASAP! Get that H2O out of them! I can help you with my electric oil changer, let me know.
Glad everybody made it back ok.
Dean

White Knuckles 08-07-2006 11:00 AM

I have fresh batteries, and the motor was slowly turning over and I smelled an electrical smell. It cranked a few minutes later, and I took off. I think that it is probably just the battery cables need replacing. We will plan to do the trip again.

Tom

kswest 08-07-2006 11:05 AM

Sorry about your bad luck, sounds like Quality is not quite living up to their name. :( I'll show this thread to HQ the next time she is complaining that I should let somebody else do the work on our boats! :cool:

You need to change the oil in both of your engines ASAP! Get that H2O out of them! I can help you with my electric oil changer, let me know.
Glad everybody made it back ok.
Dean

Dean,

If you WANT to do it I am always interested in learning more.

BUT ...

If you don't I was planning on having it done. :fish:

White Knuckles 08-07-2006 11:11 AM

We can't forget Gregg almost getting his toe pinched off by an unhappy crab. :eek:

Dean Ferry 08-07-2006 11:21 AM

Dean,

If you WANT to do it I am always interested in learning more.

BUT ...

If you don't I was planning on having it done. :fish:

K,
I'll call you.
Dean

speedster 08-13-2006 07:20 AM

Hey Dean -

Glad to hear that you are finally getting your goat smelling @$$ up to LOTO !!! Yeah buddy...

Sherry is going up for the first time this year too. We'll hook up with you, Miss R, and JC/RC.

You will definately be on sensory overload up there - nothing quite like it, and DC is such a genuinely cool guy...

-Bruce :D

Dean Ferry 08-13-2006 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by speedster
Hey Dean -

Glad to hear that you are finally getting your goat smelling @$$ up to LOTO !!! Yeah buddy...

Sherry is going up for the first time this year too. We'll hook up with you, Miss R, and JC/RC.

You will definately be on sensory overload up there - nothing quite like it, and DC is such a genuinely cool guy...

-Bruce :D

Speed,
I Don't know who's a$$ you have been smelling, BUT it wasn't mine. I'm not that kind of FERRY! :evilb:
Call me @ the house today, (I'm still working on our Master bathroom remodel project from HE!!) HQ and I want to extend an invite to you, Sherry and the kids for our 4th annual TIKI Bar party. It's Sept 3rd, Sunday, 2pm till ?? Steve Michels, John Crist are coming to the party with a whole bunch of other LM engineers from Orlando that you used to work!!! :drink: :drink:

Also, did JC tell you we bought a 2006 Seadoo Sportster, ("HQ's creek cruiser"), it will be here next week! :D The kids can't wait til it gets here! :D :D Heck, I can't wait til it gets here, then I can put the hurt on that punk speedster of yours!!!! :evilb:
Dean

speedster 08-13-2006 02:42 PM

Dean -

Oh man. You're gonna make me put Nitrous on the 'ol Sea Doo just to put a can of Whupass on you. Damn. :(

Hey, tanx for the invite, we'll be there, but do you really want to lower your standard of living to our level ? We don't even have a full set of teeth between the four of us.

Anyway, left you a message on HQ phone.

-B

speedster 08-13-2006 02:44 PM

P.S. That is a nice Sea Doo if the women in your life ever let you drive it.