Your funniest fill the boat up story

Old 08-04-2006, 07:10 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: Your funniest fill the boat up story

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Was that in 1969
Yeah, back then he was still young enough to climb up on the fenders!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Was that in 1969
Nah, I think it was about 1980 or so.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:27 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
i took a freind out for the day and at the and of the day he said " here you go buddy here's 20 $ for gas "
that was the last time he went out boating with me
Took my little brother to Lake Winnipesaukee couple years ago, pulled into gas station and he tries to hand me a $20 - I told him thanks but that it cost $20 to get here, will be $20 to get home and oh ya, we'll burn at least $200 on the boat(gas was lot less then!). Told him to keep the $20 an to buy me lunch (he has a deck boat on a puddle and I guess $20 lasts a month)
Old 08-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The picture below shows the Amoco station we use off I-77 at exit 36 when going to Lake Norman. The lady there always like to see us and would give us free ice for the cooler, and a free fountain drink for spending so much on fuel.

Notice my boat is documented "TombStone, Az".

One Saturday morning last year we are on I-77 about three miles from the exit when a Honda Accord started to pass in the fast lane. Once along side they slowed up and pulled in behind us. They got off at the same exit and I did not think a thing about it until they pulled into the station behind us and jumped out and walked up to the truck.

The first thing the did was ask our names, and when I asked why they wanted to know they replied;

"We've lived in Tombstone ALL OUR LIVES, and we don't know you"!
Attached Thumbnails Your funniest fill the boat up story-picture-539-custom-.jpg   Your funniest fill the boat up story-picture-119-custom-2-.jpg  
Old 08-04-2006, 08:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some dirtbag, 3-toothed kid came up while we were topping the Apache off at a gas station. Looked awhile, then said "if it takes the rest of my life, I'm gettin' one of them boats"

I asked him if he had a job- he was a mason's laborer. I told him he should plan on living about 300 more years. He didn't get it.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Registered

I receive a phone call from my brother in law about five years ago. He stops in the marina and tells the gasjockey to put in $40 bucks and walks to the store to get some ice. Gas is about $1.5 a gal. He comes back and the jockey says you must have a gas leak. It turns out he has some fishing pole holders in the side of the boat . This jackass proceeds to pump about 20 gallons right in the interior of the boat .
Old 08-05-2006, 04:56 AM
Registered

while on the subject of funny gas fill stories, what is everyone bending over and getting rammed with for gas? i know the saying, can't afford the gas, can't afford the boat, but something about watered-down 87 for 4.90 a gallon on the water sounds a little... ok lets just say as cool as a handjob on a honeymoon. i feel bad for the guys with built blocks and drives who cant get off the lake since grapevine is down 11ft from avg and 23ft from its highest. i'll take a picture of the launch ramps tomorrow....you'se guys with Arny drives or 6's would cringe and cry if you saw the angles of the ramp, not to mention the D.A.'s who are still trying to oull out and dropping drives on concrete. Reminds me. was on the lake, drunkass on a jetski jumps my wake then does a fly by, cuts me off and stops. Water cop stops me. i am thinking great, here comes and inspection or ticket, had everything to be legal however. cop pulls up, thanks be for backing off the sticks and wanted to app. for the guy on the ski's lack of common sense and respect and told me he was going to talk to him. i see him get a sobriety test and breathalizer, cuffed and tossed in the boat. after we got my boat covered, cleaned and docked we see a tow truck pull up to the ramp, hook on to the ski and pull it up the concrete. moral of the story, gas prices suck and you pay to play, but drunk boating is stupid, gives our sport even more negative press that we could do without, and could ruin your hull. on a bright side, any rec's for entertaining a boat load of girls at the pump for an hour, filling up and boating all weekend!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pic from a friend at the Cumberland PR last year.
Attached Thumbnails Your funniest fill the boat up story-gas-prices.jpg  
Old 08-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at Friday Harbor in the late 80"s, pulled up to the pumps, filled up, docked and went to town sight seeing, shopping and ate lunch. On the other side of the dock at the same time I filled up was a big Custom Yacht pumping diesel in. When we came back to get the boat and head for Victoria, the Yacht was still pumping. Had to be gone at least two hours. Over 1600 gallons! Later found out it once belonged to the Duke or still did. Hate to fill it up now.

Last edited by Ratickle; 08-06-2006 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:07 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i got a funny story. call me.....1-732-684-4918