Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO Steve - Just Heard About the "Next" OSO Boat.... >

OSO Steve - Just Heard About the "Next" OSO Boat....

Notices

OSO Steve - Just Heard About the "Next" OSO Boat....

Old 08-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts
Default Re: OSO Steve - Just Heard About the "Next" OSO Boat....

Originally Posted by thisistank
Lip-Ship 525's, ITS, on boxes.
Is a Lip-Ship 525 tweaked somehow or just a new flame arrestor?
Does it just have the factory ITS setback, or are the ITS boxes mounted onto an additional setback box?
Old 08-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Is a Lip-Ship 525 tweaked somehow or just a new flame arrestor?
Does it just have the factory ITS setback, or are the ITS boxes mounted onto an additional setback box?
The Grey Cig is all stock. 90 out the box on the west coast. Choked up in Miami in the humidity it'd only run high 80's.

I was refering to Lucky Strike that they squezzed more MPH out of it with minor adjustments.

I still don't hear which OL will run 100 w/525's out of the factory.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
How's that ad!!??

---"OK WHERE TO START HERE WITH THIS PEACH??? HERE GOES, YOUR LOOKING AT WHAT YOUR GOING TO BE THE ENVY OF ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND UNCLE DADDY'S AND SISTER/WIVE'S WITH THIS SUMMER...A ONE OF A KIND CUSTOM HAND BUILT (BY TWO CRACK HEADS) 33 FOOT POWERBOAT THIS AUCTION IS FOR THE BOAT ONLY NOT THE TRAILER SORRY. THE TRAILER IS ALSO ONE OF A KIND AND I CAN'T BE'S GIVIN IT UP FO NUTTIN. I WILL DELIVERY IT ON THE BACK OF MY 1972 FORD PINTO FOR A REASONABLE FEE (MAYBE A LOOK-SEE AT YOUR SISTER OR A BOTTLE OF YOUR BEST SHINE) TO YOUR SLIP OR GARAGE OR? ANYWAY BACK TO THE DESCRIPTION OF THIS SPEED DEAMON...ITS GOT A KOOL CUSTOM PAINT JOB (BY TAOD "THE ART OF DISASTER") THAT SHINES UP REAL PURTY, AND THE INTERIOR MATCHES ALSO WITH PLEATHER CUSHIONS AND TUCK AND ROLL BISQUIT SQUARED BED...THIS BOAT WAS BUILT BUY A GREAT BUILDER THAT WORKED FOR CIGARETTE (NOT THE BOAT CO. BUT THE CLEAN UP BOY AT BENSON & HEDGES) BACK IN THE EARLY DAYS AND IT HAS NEVER SEEN SALT WATER (FOR FEAR IT'D GO OFF AND SINK) UNTIL I GOT IT..BUT NOT FOR LONG IT WAS BUILT IN 2001 AND GOT THE VIN #'S IN 2003 FROM MY BUDDY BUBBA WHO RUNS THE CHOP SHOP DOWN THE STREET. I HAVE A CLEAR ALABAMY VIN PAPERS FOR IT (OR WHATEVER STATE YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE). IT WAS REGISTERED IN 2003 AND GOOD UNTIL 2005. HE MADE THIS BOAT FOR HIMSELF, SO HE TOOK THE TIME AND DID IT RIGHT. AT THE SAME TIME MADE IT LOOK GOOD TOO WITH PARTICAL BOARD AND BALSA WOOD. ITS GOT A VERT STRONG CONSTRUCTION AND IS BUILT RIGHT, THE GUY IS A TRUE ARTIST WHO MASTERED IN THE CUSTODIAL ARTS. HE BUILT THE BOAT, DID THE INTERIOR AND PAINTED IT ALL HIMSELF IN THE BACK YARD OF HIS 3RD WIFES SISTER'S HUD HOME! THERE IS A BED IN THE BOW FOR SNUGGLING WITH ALL YOUR KIN, AND 2 COUCHES WITH A CABINET AREA CUT OUT FOR A TV/DVD PLAYER WHICH IS NOT THERE BECAUSE SISSY SUE HOCKED IT FOR AN 8 BALL. THERE IS AN OLD VHS AND COMPASS THAT WORKS (I THINK) JUST NO TV THERE IS SOME COSMETIC WORK THAT NEEDS TO BE FINISHED...CUSHIONS AND THE BEDS AND SOME SPEAKERS NEED TO BE FITTED AND INSTALLED ALL SIMPLE STUFF, ALL IN THE BOW AREA BY THE BED...OH, AND THE DELAMINATED HULL AND HOLE IN THE BOTTOM. IT HAS 2 SEATS IN THE FRONT AND A BENCH THAT HOLDS 4 PEOPLE OR TWO BIGGUNS, SO A TOTAL OF 7 PASSENGERS (I NEVER FINISHED GRADE SCHOOL). IT SLEEPS 2 COMFORTABLY THE SEATING AREA NEEDS SOME TLC/CLEANING FORM OUTDOOR STORAGE AND DEAD BODY SMELL BUT OVERALL ITS IN GOOD SHAPE. A FEW MONEY SHOTS FROM COUSIN BOBBIE JOES HORRIN DAYS BUT THOSE SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM. THE MOTORS ARE TWIN BLACK MAX 200 MERCS THAT RUN REAL STRONG...WHILE CRANKING OVER. THEY ARE MOUNTED ON A HEAVY DUTY ALUMINUM MOTOR PLATE (PAINTED SILVER WOOD REALLY) THAT EXTENDS THEM OUT 2 FEET!! THAT GIVES YOU 35' OF LENGTH. SISSY BETH ALWAYS SAID SIZE MATTERS. FOR QUICK PLANNING...THESE MOTORS COST $12G'S NEW EACH (BUT I CAN GET'EM FROM JOE SH!T THE RAG MAN FOR UNDER 5K), BOTH HAVE NEW FORD WATER PUMPS DONE AT THE END OF LAST SEASON. LONG SHAFT HEAVY DUTY OFF SHORE LOWER UNITS GOOD FOR TROLLIN' FOR CAT FISH, WITH LOW WATER PICK UPS, SOLID MOUNTS DRILLED EXHAUST, AND STAINLESS STEEL PROPS THAT ONLY HAVE A FEW DENTS. THE PROPS ALONE WERE $80 EACH OVER ALL THE BOAT HAS SOME WEAR AND TEAR ON IT LIKE MY MOMMA BUT LIKE I DONE TOLD YA SHE'S A LOW MILAGE BEAUTY. BUT ALL IT NEEDS IS SOME TLC, WHICH IS SOMETHING I CANT GIVE IT RIGHT NOW BETWEEN MY SIX SISTERS AND 13 COUSINS. SO I RATHER YOU BUY IT AND ENJOY IT LIKE I'D DONE. ITS A NICE SIMPLE PROJECT FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS THE TIME AND WANTS TO CRUISE IN STYLE. I ONLY USED THIS BOAT ONE TIME LAST SEASON, SO MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN HERE... COME AND LOOK IN PERSON MY NAME IS NICK."
Old 08-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

So its all relative. There are so many variables, but suffice it to say a TS-TG will run at least 87-88 with spurts of 90 with B1 derivative drives behind 525EFIs, right?

Pat is water testing a new 2007 AT 37AVH as we speak with some new tweaks. Power is twin 525EFIs and B1XR drives. The boat is Thunderdan's new 37.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
So its all relative. There are so many variables, but suffice it to say a TS-TG will run at least 87-88 with spurts of 90 with B1 derivative drives behind 525EFIs, right?

Pat is water testing a new 2007 AT 37AVH as we speak with some new tweaks. Power is twin 525EFIs and B1XR drives. The boat is Thunderdan's new 37.
It's all good. I've always liked AT's. think they have really nice lines and from what I've seen I like the build fit and finish. I've never ridden in one though.

I think most boats in the 38-40 range w/525's are in the 90 range.

My whole point was someone said OL will run 5-10 mph faster than a T/G...Where's this 100 mph Ol with 525s?
Old 08-05-2006, 05:19 PM
NRG
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottom line is, if it says OUTERLIMITS or CIGARETTE on the side, you have experience, heritage and resale.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Higher original sale price = higher resale price. That's pretty easy to figure out.

I was hoping to see an expanded opinion from the earlier post.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I believe an 39 OL GTX runs 100 with 525's and it has a half cabin.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:12 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

who really cares.... lets talk about me....
Old 08-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=thisistank]
Originally Posted by animalhouse
How do you figure? A 39 Cig will run you close if not more than a 39 OL w/ 525's. Not to mention the 39 ol will give you 5-10 mph more with same power.
QUOTE]

By the way....An OL will run 100 w/525s? Cause a Gun wll run 90

A 39 OL will do 98 w/ 525's. All Day Long. No Discipline was the first, and ran 96 out of the box, but as time went on, they found some new propos that got it to run at 98. That is the standard quoted speed for all 39 Outerlimits.

Quick Reply: OSO Steve - Just Heard About the "Next" OSO Boat....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.