Your funniest fill the boat up story

Notices

Your funniest fill the boat up story

Old 08-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your funniest fill the boat up story

I always pull the cig out and fill it a a local land station for few reason give me time to check out the hull talk to everyone who likes boats and also .75-1.00 a gal savings
Last year as I am at the ramp the boat runs out so I know I will be at the pumps for a while I always go to the same station so they just run a tab from the pumps and I pay at the end So I end up piutting 174 gals in the boat. I have to move boat around becuase of two tanks in it. So when I am done with boat I then put 25 gal of diesel in the truck I then pull out of station with out paying . Just as I realize this I see the gas station attendent behind me flashing her lights. Glad she did not call cops whould have been hard to out run them with the boat in tow
LOL
Old 08-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Your funniest fill the boat up story

We were out last summer running around with a couple of boats. A friend needed fuel so we pull into a marina. The gas jockey undoes the fuel cap, jams the nozzle in abruptly and cuts the retainer chain. PLOP, into 15 feet of water goes a 100 dollar billet fuel cap. The marina staff all stand around stunned, wondering what to do. The jockey says he'll just stuff a rag or something in it until my friend can order and pay for a new cap. I have been sitting back, watching the commotion and getting pissedoff. I walk down the dock and tell the gas boy to get a mask, jump in and find the dam thing. He says "ah, well, I don't know". I again express to him that it will take a week to get a new cap and that a rag will not be acceptable and the 100 bucks will be coming from him if he doesn't go get the cap from the lake bed. He dithers again and I snap. I toss his arse into the lake and say,"well, you're already wet. You might as well get the cap now".

Situation solved.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Few weeks ago i was gassing on land as well at a local Hess station (rebate card). Some guy in his 70's starts talkin to me and asking questions etc...Few minutes later he asks me for my registration and liscense. I give him the deer in the headlights look and smile. He says this isnt a laughing matter, im a Coast Guard Aux member and your reg numbers arent proper now please may i have your docs...i laughted my balls off and told him to look me up on the water and if im runnin under 100 maybe we'll discuss it. He gets all pissy hands me a brochure and say im warnin ya i'll be by the ramp waitn....never saw him again
Attached Thumbnails Your funniest fill the boat up story-my-spectre.jpg  
Old 08-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

After a fun day on the water with a non boating couple I stopped at a gas station on the way home. The guy gets out of the truck with his wallet out and says.... "Let me get this."

I said Ooooo K.

About half way through pumping he said "Man, how much does thing hold?"
Old 08-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
After a fun day on the water with a non boating couple I stopped at a gas station on the way home. The guy gets out of the truck with his wallet out and says.... "Let me get this."

I said Ooooo K.

About half way through pumping he said "Man, how much does thing hold?"
Took my brother-in-law's father out one day, he pulls me to the side and slips me a $20.00 bill and tells me the next fill up is on me! He meant well!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Registered

It never ceases to amaze me how often a fill up on land will result in me fielding questions of how much gas does that take, how much is that boat, how fast does it go, etc. These are usually coming from the guy in an 89' buick that he's almost done paying off.

I always tell them I don't pay for it, I just use a credit card
Old 08-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
SO THAT WOULD BE YOU FATHER IN LAW
Nope, my sister's husband's father!

Real old timer, about 85 years old, really nice guy, I didn't have the heart to say anything more then "that's not necessary" but he insisted!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya had to be there for this one, but I'll tell it anyways. We were filling up a few weeks ago and this kid pulls up that looks Slater (the school pothead) from Dazed and Confused...Stoned out of his mind he stops the car next to the boat, steps out of the car, looks up at the boat. Three of us were standing near the boat and stopped talking and just looked at the kid...He goes...(in your best stoner voice) "Dude...Is that a boat with a cockpit?" I simply replied "yes". Absolutely amazed and astonished beyond belief, He just says "I can't even Handle that right now" Falls into the seat of his dirty hippie car and drives away. We just laughed about it all day.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Coast Aux here on SML give me a hard time at the gas pump once they were doing curtisy checks, I passed everything until they wanted to see my pump out for the bathroom?? I said I have a porti potti, but it wasn't even in the boat?? He then proceeded to go nutz, said I was breaking the law and everything, well this went on for about 5 min, so I finally said give me the DAMN ticket I need to go, He then told me he doesn't have the authority to write tickets. I told him to go $%CK himself, and left.

WILL
Old 08-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Registered

Good thread, I could probably post a different story every other day.

In the middle of winter and about 28 degrees, down at Lake Cumberland doing some 30 Outlaw testing, some woman comes up while we're filling both 30s up and says, "you boys goin fishin?"

Quick Reply: Your funniest fill the boat up story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.