Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone know what a 50hp Yamaha is worth (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137205-anyone-know-what-50hp-yamaha-worth.html)

LubeJobs42 08-06-2006 10:46 PM

Anyone know what a 50hp Yamaha is worth

I'm looking at a 2002 13' Nautica boat with a 50 hp Yamaha outboard. Fiberglass bottom with ski bar. Any idea at all what this is worth? Nice boat but I have NO clue what it's worth.

packinair 08-06-2006 10:47 PM

Re: Anyone know what a 50hp Yamaha is worth

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I'm looking at a 2002 13' Nautica boat with a 50 hp Yamaha outboard. Fiberglass bottom with ski bar. Any idea at all what this is worth? Nice boat but I have NO clue what it's worth.

much more than mine :drink:

Jonas 08-07-2006 02:54 PM

not as fun as this...
i have a few of these for sale,,
have a 13 with a modified 70 hp yamaha puts out around 80hp
its crazy fun...
with a 40 hp we get mid 40 mph
with 50 hp get high 40's low 50's depending on conditions,
the cat style boat is soo much more stable, tons faster and doesnt pound you like the traditional v bottm,

http://www.seawolf.biz/Performance_I...AFastBoats.htm

Dean Ferry 08-07-2006 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Gino,
We looked @ something like that, also other "Creek Cruisers" but ended up going with this! :D You can beat it for safety and shallow water running in FLORIDA! :drink:

mr_velocity 08-07-2006 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jonas
not as fun as this...
i have a few of these for sale,,
have a 13 with a modified 70 hp yamaha puts out around 80hp
its crazy fun...
with a 40 hp we get mid 40 mph
with 50 hp get high 40's low 50's depending on conditions,
the cat style boat is soo much more stable, tons faster and doesnt pound you like the traditional v bottm,

http://www.seawolf.biz/Performance_I...AFastBoats.htm

So not to totally hijack the thread, that 50hp is worth between $2500 and $3000 if you get lucky. No idea about the boat.

Guy building my Stinger claims his is over 100hp (worked up stinger) on one of them thunder cats :eek: I hear they are CRAZY fun :evilb:

Looking for a set of trim rams for a yamaha 70ces, those little rams that mount outside the mid. If you come across a pair let me know.

Here's the project I have been working on for the past 2 1/2 months.

TeamSaris 08-07-2006 03:43 PM

You already know what i am going to say... :D

Jonas 08-07-2006 03:53 PM

that is really cool.,
who is building the motor?
fast fred ?? :eek: :D

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
So not to totally hijack the thread, that 50hp is worth between $2500 and $3000 if you get lucky. No idea about the boat.

Guy building my Stinger claims his is over 100hp (worked up stinger) on one of them thunder cats :eek: I hear they are CRAZY fun :evilb:

Looking for a set of trim rams for a yamaha 70ces, those little rams that mount outside the mid. If you come across a pair let me know.

Here's the project I have been working on for the past 2 1/2 months.

MitchStellin 08-07-2006 03:53 PM

Is it a 4 stroke EFI? I have an 05 115 4/EFI on a 20ft Zodiac RIB, it was $10,000 new (motor only). I would say you are at 3-4,000, if it is a 4 stroke i would say 4, if not closer to 3.

mr_velocity 08-07-2006 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jonas
that is really cool.,
who is building the motor?
fast fred ?? :eek: :D

Should I be worried? :eek:

Its been a nightmare, for him :D He had the motor done with a coarse spline crank, we find a nitro lower in Canada that has a fine spline shaft, so he swaps the crank. The lower comes in, fine spline from a 2 cylinder not a 3 so it doesn't fit. Got a coarse shaft that is being shipped to him so now he needs to swap the crank again. We've been trying to find a way to trim a 15" mid on a jack plate, looks like the yammy is the way to go. Have the bracket from a 70ces now just need the rams.

Just need to rig the boat now, put the rub rail on today. I'll post pics of the entire project when it was done. When I got the boat is was a MESS, everything was rotted so bad it was dirt (mud).

LubeJobs42 08-07-2006 06:20 PM

Truthfully, I was looking for a little boat to change my props and clean the sides of my other boat while it's on the lift. I saw that 13.5 on Ebay pretty cheap. Now I'm looking at 50 mile per hour race inflatables and Navy seals rafts with 90hps! I was planning on spending maybe $2000, with the help of everyone on OSO, I'm now on the path :D to spend thousands AND it probably going to be to big for the intended purpose. I'm probably going to need another lift for this one!! It's incredible how fast things can get out of hand! Thanks alot!! :D