Like Tree0Likes

38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Reply
Old 08-09-2006, 10:31 PM
  #21
Registered
Thread Starter
 
cigarette38topgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chesterfield Missouri
Posts: 426
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

sweet rig!
cigarette38topgun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:31 PM
  #22
Registered
 
satisfactionII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: GLOC
My Boats: '96 Scarab
Posts: 2,236
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast fun 2
We wanted to buy that boat sooo bad!! Congrats to the new owner!!

We drooled over Jody163's Scarab as well. Bad Azz, cool, sweet, the best Scarab I have seen in a long long time. Definitely worth the dollars paid for it.
satisfactionII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:31 PM
  #23
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,672
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woogie
Find a Larry Smith 38. Was in both before in Detroit River freighter wakes years back and the Larry Smith was the most fun. Best value of the year I think was Jody163's - Staggered,#5's, 100mph and all white. Think it went for low 70's. Not for everyone as no cabin but a knock-out classic. Congrats to new owner if your on here. Not many built but they do pop up.
My buddy Paul bought that boat. He doesn't come on here much but he runs that boat like it's supposed to be run...Hard in big water! That boat is a super light lay up and straight gets it! I couldn't believe the mid-range that thing had. Threw me back in the bolster! However, he's re-doing the power and bumping up the motors to like 1200's or some sh!t. It's going to be insane!
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:38 AM
  #24
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,348
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfactionII
We drooled over Jody163's Scarab as well. Bad Azz, cool, sweet, the best Scarab I have seen in a long long time. Definitely worth the dollars paid for it.
And much more!!
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:39 AM
  #25
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,348
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank
My buddy Paul bought that boat. He doesn't come on here much but he runs that boat like it's supposed to be run...Hard in big water! That boat is a super light lay up and straight gets it! I couldn't believe the mid-range that thing had. Threw me back in the bolster! However, he's re-doing the power and bumping up the motors to like 1200's or some sh!t. It's going to be insane!
Post some pics if you can get some!!
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:56 AM
  #26
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,348
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

This one is cool too!!
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-3335.html
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 AM
  #27
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD
Posts: 8,810
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

If I were looking for an older wave crusher and a Scarab... I would look at this one, which is 3 years older than the one linked in the first post. Its a 1987.
I believe this boat is for sale, its a board members boat.
It could be had for low to mid 50s.
BTW, I'm partial to old school!
Attached Thumbnails
38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?-00scarabprint.jpg   38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?-0exteriorstarboard0.jpg   38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?-1exterior%2520top.jpg  

Stormrider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:52 AM
  #28
Registered
 
satisfactionII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: GLOC
My Boats: '96 Scarab
Posts: 2,236
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast fun 2

That is an awesome boat as well, but it is pure race. Kinda hard to do anything with it except race/poker run. Now Jody's old boat is something else, pure class, an a$$ kicker, and anything else words can't truly describe. A change of the interior from the bolstered race setup, add the interior to the cabin and it really could be a pleasure go-fast. I don't think I have ever seen another Scarab like Jody163's. Guess I need to start referring to it as Paul's boat now. One lucky guy.
satisfactionII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:54 AM
  #29
Registered
 
satisfactionII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: GLOC
My Boats: '96 Scarab
Posts: 2,236
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider
If I were looking for an older wave crusher and a Scarab... I would look at this one, which is 3 years older than the one linked in the first post. Its a 1987.
I believe this boat is for sale, its a board members boat.
It could be had for low to mid 50s.
BTW, I'm partial to old school!
Very sharp, and I love the old school Scarabs as well.
satisfactionII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:19 PM
  #30
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,348
Default Re: 38ft Wellcraft Scarab for sale good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfactionII
That is an awesome boat as well, but it is pure race. Kinda hard to do anything with it except race/poker run. Now Jody's old boat is something else, pure class, an a$$ kicker, and anything else words can't truly describe. A change of the interior from the bolstered race setup, add the interior to the cabin and it really could be a pleasure go-fast. I don't think I have ever seen another Scarab like Jody163's. Guess I need to start referring to it as Paul's boat now. One lucky guy.
Yes he is!!! I thought it had a 1/2 cabin???
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
baja36ft
Prop Talk
2
09-10-2007 08:08 PM
chevalcabre
Scarab
4
03-13-2007 01:11 AM
pitracer
General Boating Discussion
19
03-03-2007 09:55 PM
DEVILS ADVOCATE
Scarab
4
02-27-2003 09:20 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.