Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Eggbeater cats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137221-eggbeater-cats.html)

dreamboater 08-07-2006 06:07 PM

Re: Eggbeater cats

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
32' Doug Wright with 300's........no comparison.........just need to waita year or two for the "pleasure" version....... :D

I agree, cant wait to see what that boat is capable of. Its hard to be competitive in the SS class unless you are running a 32 DW, and thats saying a lot.

yahoo 08-07-2006 06:52 PM

Im pretty sure a 28 skater won last weekend, in sbi/apba

Cash Bar 08-07-2006 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by yahoo
Im pretty sure a 28 skater won last weekend, in sbi/apba

There is only one DW in SBI/APBA, and it was on a river......

yahoo 08-08-2006 06:43 AM

You have to start somewhere.

DiamondPerformance 08-09-2006 03:05 PM

Anyone have any experience/problems with the new Optimax 300 on cats.

BradH 08-09-2006 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by dreamboater
I agree, cant wait to see what that boat is capable of. Its hard to be competitive in the SS class unless you are running a 32 DW, and thats saying a lot.

Very true. But when everything worked out, that new 30 Skater is gonna be a fast boat.

T2x 08-09-2006 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
The Toddy Run was 2 flat...

Last year it was....but the previous years....?

1st OB EVERY year.....28' Skater....and a different one every year...... except for Nick's which wins everytime Joey Imprescia throttles.

T2x

berns29scarab 08-09-2006 06:50 PM

when they know the water and the short cuts that always helps. i was there last year and watched them run along the shorelines not down the middle of the channel with the rest of us.

Wahoo ATV 08-10-2006 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't be happier with our AMT. It's new to us this year but seems to be able to win any weekend. I would only trade it for a new Doug Wright. They are the Cat's Azz!

Havasu Cig 08-10-2006 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by skaterjim
a 28 skater with a good driver will not be beaten in 2-3 foot water. I have heard from other spectre owners they can beat the 28 in ruff stuff but have never seen it, just got the excuses. I dont know to much about amt but raced one at loto in 2- 3 footers and he could only go 100 or so, looked good but he couldnt keep up. some of it I am sure is the driver, but it is hard to beat another boat when it has 15 mph or so on you no matter what you are racing.

Sounds about right to me. The 28 I just sold was a rocket, and it would handle 2-3' chop easily. The one AMT that was in Havasu was about a 100 mph boat max. Very nice looking boat, but my Skater would walk all over it all day long. A Spectre with the same power as my Skater is at least 12 mph slower (probably closer to 15 but I am being nice). If I had to do it all over again I would buy another Skater. The only reason I sold it was because I did not have the time to use it. It is an awesome boat. :cool: