Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why Have 3 or 4 threads been zapped re: fountain flip/roll in So. Fla.? >

Why Have 3 or 4 threads been zapped re: fountain flip/roll in So. Fla.?

Notices

Why Have 3 or 4 threads been zapped re: fountain flip/roll in So. Fla.?

Old 08-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why Have 3 or 4 threads been zapped re: fountain flip/roll in So. Fla.?

how could cashbar be on that boat when here is a picture I took at shooters that same day. He is sitting there with geritol steve
Attached Thumbnails Why Have 3 or 4 threads been zapped re: fountain flip/roll in So. Fla.?-fscn0390.jpg  
Old 08-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

Default Re: Why Have 3 or 4 threads been zapped re: fountain flip/roll in So. Fla.?

does not look to me like a guy who just sank a boat.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Really, does that hair look like it went swimming at hi-speed......
Old 08-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
how could cashbar be on that boat when here is a picture I took at shooters that same day. He is sitting there with geritol steve
Is that Steve or one of the living members of the Grateful Dead???
Old 08-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Banned

The jewish gratefull dead.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I have been saying this EXACT SAME THING for fooking years, and NOOOOO, no one wanted to listen. I know for a FACT that the guy who writes my Insurance Policy at the HQ for my Insurance Agency knows about OSO; and I DID NOT TELL HIM.
Yep, I'm a member of that club too. Been bashed for pointing something like this out.
You think insurance Co's, enviromentalists, the noise police, the blowboaters, the lakefront homeowners association....
Do you think they don't look at this site??
Wake up. They bought VIP memberships. What's a Platinum go for? under $100? yeah, $75. Pretty cheap info for a several 100K to multi Million $ Co./ Orginization.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Yep, I'm a member of that club too. Been bashed for pointing something like this out.
You think insurance Co's, enviromentalists, the noise police, the blowboaters, the lakefront homeowners association....
Do you think they don't look at this site??
Wake up. They bought VIP memberships. What's a Platinum go for? under $100? yeah, $75. Pretty cheap info for a several 100K to multi Million $ Co./ Organization.

Are you guys serious with this?! Do you really think an insurance company needs to come to OSO to hear about boats rolling or sinking or breaking or being involved in a BUI or anything else. The auto insurance industry has their own "file" that is shared with all other insurance agencies (forget what it's called). If you report an accident to your insurance company (even if theres no police report) it goes into this file and can be reviewed by any insurance agencies. You don't think that boat insurance companies have this same thing. The insurance companies know about every wreck that is reported..........Ahhhhhhh, I just had an epiphany. I'll stop now.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:47 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

Originally Posted by thisistank
Are you guys serious with this?! Do you really think an insurance company needs to come to OSO to hear about boats rolling or sinking or breaking or being involved in a BUI or anything else. The auto insurance industry has their own "file" that is shared with all other insurance agencies (forget what it's called). If you report an accident to your insurance company (even if theres no police report) it goes into this file and can be reviewed by any insurance agencies. You don't think that boat insurance companies have this same thing. The insurance companies know about every wreck that is reported..........Ahhhhhhh, I just had an epiphany. I'll stop now.

while you where busy typing your epiphanic post you as well have missed the whole point. The question here is not if the insurance companies will find out about an incident or not but what information they get from fellow boaters as a result of threads like this during a investigation. An insurance companies main goal is what? to get out of a claim. So instead of throwing a fellow member of our boating community under the bus while he is going through a difficult time why not take a step back and think about more than trying to make yourself look like Mr. MENSA and think about someone else. All threads like this are doing is making it easier for us to get screwed, If God forbid you rolled your boat, you would want it kept quiet or atleast the details and speculation kept down until your insurance claim was finished. You would not want someone coming on playing Monday morning QB or "hey, I saw him sitting at the bar table 3 section 4 just before he rolled" I just don't know why it can't be left at a boat rolled, noone was hurt, details will follow AFTER an investigation. people with our kind of boats (like each other or not) we are all still part of a unique family and need to watch out for each other (and ourselves) when it comes to something that can potentially really hurt another member. How would you feel if something you said resulted in some ones claim being denied, that could devastate some one financially. can you all just let it go until the time is right.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yeah I am serious.
I think Packin' pretty much summed it up.
Insurance Co's get the reports, but those are only reports.
There is a lot said on here - while it is in jest - that if taken to the wrong people, or "propagandized" (if that's a word) AND (out of context, taken in the wrong way, could be very detrimental to the Offshore crowd.
Look at Cat insurance. Well, someone in Insurance World saw a vid or two of them blowing over - that makes them dangerous. Try to get a policy for a Cat on a working man's salary now.

Yes, they do look at Forums such as this for ammunition to fight their cause.
You're foolish if you believe they wouldn't take the opportunity to use such inexpensive information to support "their" cause.

I don't mean any disrespect, but, Com'on, if I was in that position (of raising rates, or supporting speed limits, or noise laws...) I'd be eating up some of the info on this and many other forums.

If this subject is getting too touchy, I have no problem if it closed, locked or deleted.
I've suggested it before in other threads of similar nature for the same reason.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by packinair
while you where busy typing your epiphanic post you as well have missed the whole point. The question here is not if the insurance companies will find out about an incident or not but what information they get from fellow boaters as a result of threads like this during a investigation. An insurance companies main goal is what? to get out of a claim. So instead of throwing a fellow member of our boating community under the bus while he is going through a difficult time why not take a step back and think about more than trying to make yourself look like Mr. MENSA and think about someone else. All threads like this are doing is making it easier for us to get screwed, If God forbid you rolled your boat, you would want it kept quiet or atleast the details and speculation kept down until your insurance claim was finished. You would not want someone coming on playing Monday morning QB or "hey, I saw him sitting at the bar table 3 section 4 just before he rolled" I just don't know why it can't be left at a boat rolled, noone was hurt, details will follow AFTER an investigation. people with our kind of boats (like each other or not) we are all still part of a unique family and need to watch out for each other (and ourselves) when it comes to something that can potentially really hurt another member. How would you feel if something you said resulted in some ones claim being denied, that could devastate some one financially. can you all just let it go until the time is right.
Slow your roll there Judge Judy. Before you run and lay down judgment against me why dont you go back and look at the whole tone of this thread. My comments had nothing to do with throwing anyone under the bus or even this specific accident. It was a commentary on the fact that (now read very carefully and don't think I"m "trying to be Mr. MENSA") with, or without OSO, investigations will get done and insurance companies will do what they do. Which is try to screw their clients. I'm no fan of insurance. But don't be so narrow minded to think that an outcome of a claim is going to be based solely on hear-say on an open forum from people speculating who weren't even there.

Just like you said, big family. And people in this big family wanted to know what happened. Instead of it being a big secret, how about just saying, "Yea, a fountain rolled, everyone's ok. They're looking into it. No further info at this time." Easy enough huh?! You even suggested it in your post. But I didn't read it anywhere on here prior.

And if this situation is one of those that calls for a reply like yours. why don't you pull your head out and PM people if you're that concerned. f*ckin tool

Last edited by thisistank; 08-09-2006 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Why Have 3 or 4 threads been zapped re: fountain flip/roll in So. Fla.?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.