Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Alabama/ Georgia Boaters, I got a response to The jerk, Steve Flowers >

Alabama/ Georgia Boaters, I got a response to The jerk, Steve Flowers

Notices

Alabama/ Georgia Boaters, I got a response to The jerk, Steve Flowers

Old 08-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alabama/ Georgia Boaters, I got a response to The jerk, Steve Flowers

There was an accident involving a jet ski in front of Holiday Marina a couple of weeks ago. As far as I know the driver was not wearing a life jacket (he was sitting on it), and jumping cruiser's wakes, when he landed wrong and hit his head and drown. To my knowledge they have not found his body. When the Georgia DNR ran the numbers on the ski, it was stolen, when they found his truck at the ramp, it was stolen, and there was another stolen ski with the truck. When they went to his house....another stolen ski..... That is the only accident I have heard of on the lake lately.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Re: Alabama/ Georgia Boaters, I got a response to The jerk, Steve Flowers

Geez, good riddance..........
Old 08-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Kinda wish it HAD been a go-fast in that case...
Old 08-08-2006, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent him another e-mail pressuring for the source, pieces of crap like this need to be burned. Their are enough bad accidents with out making one up.

Is their any way he has broken the law by making false statments in the news papers??

WILL
Old 08-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Registered

Got the same one too. Douche.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

His website lists the 70 papers he is syndicated in,but no links. Probrably would be difficult to email all of them . I sent an email letter to the editor of my local paper Fri,they haven't printed it yet,doubt they will,called them today,got voice mail.Guess I don't spend enough money with them advertising my "speedboats" in Jasper,AL
Old 08-11-2006, 06:48 PM

UPDATE:

I got this response??

It was a newspaper article written by Patrick Harbin and published in
the
Cartersville Daily Tribune. The lake where the accident occured was
Lake
Allatoona in Georgia.

Thanks again for reading the column.

Steve

SO did this happen, I think this guy is full of it????
WILL
Old 08-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Did a search,was an article about the accident,woman on jet ski suffered cuts,speedboat guy charged with reckless operation,but few details. Any Lake Allatoona folks out there?This was 7-4-06
Old 08-11-2006, 09:39 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

I have friends that live there, I will ask them.

Here is the article from the web-site for the paper listed above.

No deaths, but a serious injury on Allatoona
Patrick Harbin
Staff Writer
Published July 05, 2006 10:47 PM CDT

Despite a calmer than average Fourth of July on Lake Allatoona, safety officials are still determined to reduce boating accidents this summer.

The Department of Natural Resources had eight officers and four boats patrolling Lake Allatoona Tuesday. DNR Conservation Sgt. Mike Barr said traffic on the lake was lighter than normal because of the holiday falling in the middle of the week.

However, Barr said there was one serious accident involving a woman on a jet ski who was hit by a 39-foot-long speed boat.

"She was pulling into a private dock just north of the Yacht Club in Bartow when she was hit," he said. "The ski was totally destroyed."

Barr said the speed boat was traveling almost 80 mph when it collided with the jet ski. The operator of the jet ski suffered several contusions and a cut on her head. She was taken to Cartersville Medical Center and treated for her injuries.

DNR officials charged the driver of the boat with reckless operation of a vehicle.

While no other serious accidents occurred Tuesday, Barr said his officers were busy writing citations for safety violations.

"At the fireworks show, a significant number of boats had navigational light problems," he said. "We gave a lot of tickets out that night."

For the full story, please read The Daily Tribune News. Call 770-382-4545 to subscribe.

Last edited by haulinvols; 08-11-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Registered

Maybe she was pulling into a dock, but probably cut right in front of the "speed boat" and did a 360.

...Wait --- that couldn`t of happened, that NEVER happens to me.....

Quick Reply: Alabama/ Georgia Boaters, I got a response to The jerk, Steve Flowers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.