Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone know hi-tek Marine in australia? >

Anyone know hi-tek Marine in australia?

Notices

Anyone know hi-tek Marine in australia?

Old 07-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone know hi-tek Marine in australia?

I really need to know if anyone has done buisness with HI-Tek Marine out of australia. Allen the owner sounds respectable, You never know though. So far all i have heard is things that he has said rebuttled form someone else. On wednesday I am wiring him the full amount for a stainless exhaust system he is building me for my 351w.I need to know if hes legit or not.If merc ordered a bunch of exhaust from him wouldnt someone over there know?(supposedly merc bought 20 exhausts from him and were impressed)

I will be the first 18' donzi classic he will be building the Stainless headers for. They are based off of the indmar style exhaust which at the top point of the headers has a 25 degree downward bend.we are going through the process of figuring out what length/bend adaptor pipes will be needed for the ford setup, It seems like its going to be a fairly simple adaptor pipe. Perhaps a 10-40 degree bend from the end of the riser, Then a straight run to the tips. The 25 degree bend and 15-17 " of straight stainless pipe should keep reversion and back wash non exsistant. Once that is done (if this is all legit) then all you ford fellas can get a custom kit right out of the box.

First thing is to investigate, I will ask him if he has mercs #. I dont know if hell give me it but i will try. Ive never wired this amount of money and I am kind of nervous I would appreciate any help at all to make sure hes legit!

here is there website

http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/
Old 07-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone know hi-tek Marine in australia?

First thing that comes to mind is all the scammers. It's a shame becasue the internet is a great way to get exactly what you are looking for at a reasonable price.

I personally would have the headers shipped to me C.O.D.. That is simple enough.

We did that on a few of the smaller paintball companies for my son's equipment until we established confidence. A C.O.D. fee is a small price to pay for the security.

Last edited by Hi-Tech Marine; 07-21-2004 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Registered

Well, i wired the money to allen at hi -tek on wed. I called him last night which is friday in aus and he was pressure testing my headers. 2 DAYS!!!!! to build them!!! they are being shipped on tuesday since hes going to some big boat race, anyone know of a race taking place in aus???? he paid $600 for tickets!!

I cant wait to get the headers and gain +30HP!!!

If anyone would like to try a set of Hi tek stainless ONE PIECE manifolds and risers let me know!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am in Australia and are also looking at getting 2 pairs of headers for my big blocks.

Just wanting to know if you have them yet and any feedback would be most appreciated.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beerock
I really need to know if anyone has done buisness with HI-Tek Marine out of australia. Allen the owner sounds respectable, You never know though. So far all i have heard is things that he has said rebuttled form someone else. On wednesday I am wiring him the full amount for a stainless exhaust system he is building me for my 351w.I need to know if hes legit or not.If merc ordered a bunch of exhaust from him wouldnt someone over there know?(supposedly merc bought 20 exhausts from him and were impressed)

I will be the first 18' donzi classic he will be building the Stainless headers for. They are based off of the indmar style exhaust which at the top point of the headers has a 25 degree downward bend.we are going through the process of figuring out what length/bend adaptor pipes will be needed for the ford setup, It seems like its going to be a fairly simple adaptor pipe. Perhaps a 10-40 degree bend from the end of the riser, Then a straight run to the tips. The 25 degree bend and 15-17 " of straight stainless pipe should keep reversion and back wash non exsistant. Once that is done (if this is all legit) then all you ford fellas can get a custom kit right out of the box.

First thing is to investigate, I will ask him if he has mercs #. I dont know if hell give me it but i will try. Ive never wired this amount of money and I am kind of nervous I would appreciate any help at all to make sure hes legit!

here is there website

http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/

I met a guy at the pt pleasant race who is using their headers. He was from sayreville and told me he was importing them I think? Weird that they would deal direct when he has a dealer in nj? I'd rather deal with the local dealer and have someone to go to than wire money all over the world. Good luck , I heard good things about them!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Registered

ive had them for about a year and there awesome i picked up alot of power, enough to go up two prop sizes, and the one piece construstion is GREAT if you live in australlia i suggest ordering direct....