CP Performance ................ >

CP Performance ................

Notices

CP Performance ................

Old 01-17-2002, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post CP Performance ................

I ordered Gaffrig gauges this past August based on a picture in their catalog displaying Gaffrig presision instuments, guages made by Livorsi. As it turns out I have Gaffrig Performance guages, a totaly different company. Not that they are bad guages, just not the same as the rest of my dash. As a consumer, I feel cheated so I talk to the main guy at CP and tell him my story, ordered the guages had them installed, don't have the boxes. So I get the not problem, send them back, we will take care of you. I send them back and get a call a week later telling me they will not take them back, period. Basically, sorry pal but your SOL. We are sending them back to you.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:12 PM
Registered

BC- If you bought them with a credit card you should be able to get a refund by writing a nice, clear letter to the credit card people, explaining every detail, include a photocopy of the catalog etc. This would be the easiest route for settling this. They will lay down the law with CP who I'm sure will cooperate in order to keep their merchant account. I'm no lawyer but contract law and consumer protection law is on your side.

As you say- they may be decent gages but at this point it's the principle and as nice as your Daytona is I'm sure you'd prefer the matching gages you thought you were getting.
Old 01-17-2002, 04:19 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Did you talk with Mike @ CP?
Old 01-17-2002, 05:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

You have to watch CP. They double charged my credit card & then ignored me when I told them. I had to go through AMEX to get it corrected. It was the last time that I ordered from them.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:12 PM
Registered

Gaffrig has put out a beware in the PB mag of copies of there guages....
Old 01-18-2002, 08:00 AM
Registered

Did I mention CP Performance clearly illustrates "precision instrument" under the logo Gaffrig, which signifies Livorsi Marine. I just want to get the word out that CP misrepresents their products listed in their catalog.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:02 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BAD CAT I AM NOT STICKING UP FOR CP OR YOU . BUT WHEN YOU BUY ANYTHING UNBOX IT AND INSTALL IT,YOU OWN IT.YOU KNOW THATS TRUE WITH MOST ANYTHING YOU BUY IN THIS WORLD.I FEEL THE LACK OF YOUR ATTENTION TO DETAIL BEFOR INSTALLING GAUGES IS ON YOU. SORRY
Old 01-18-2002, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Taz-I think if you reread his post you will see that he said that he had them installed. As you should know most shops don't care and would just install them even though they aren't the same. Even if he had opened the box he probably wouldn't notice the difference unless they were side by side.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:44 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IT SEEMS TO BE A BAD DEAL FOR BOTH PARTIES.ONE WHO BUYS SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T MATCH.AND ONE WHO CAN'T TAKE IT BACK BECAUSE HE CAN'T RESELL A USED BUT NOT USED ITEM WITH NO BOXES ECT.(IS THE CUSTOMER ALWAYS RIGHT?)WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THIS CASE?I DEAL WITH GENERAL PUBLIC ALSO THIS IS A TOUGH ONE.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
SOMETIMES AS A MERCHANT , WE HAVE TO REALIZE HONEST MISTAKES ARE MADE ON THE BUYERS BEHALF DUE TO NEGLIGENCE. YOU HAVE TO SUCK IT UP, THE CUSTOMERS ALWAYS RIGHT, IT WILL SOMEDAY BITE YOU IN THE ASS LATER ON IF NOT TAKEN CARE OF PROMPLY. IF YOUR GOING OUT OF BUSINESS AND NOT THINKING LONG TERM ITS YOUR CALL. JUST MY .02 I deal with customers all day long, and sometimes want to kick their teeth in, and other times feel sorry for them because they truley have their head up their ass!!!!

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: JASSMAN ]

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: JASSMAN ]

Quick Reply: CP Performance ................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.