Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pro-line CC opinions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137553-pro-line-cc-opinions.html)

CMG 08-10-2006 06:18 AM

Pro-line CC opinions

A friend is looking at Pro-Line 24'-ish center console fishing boats and asked me what I thought. Anyone have any thoughts to share? He hasn't focused on a specific boat so no idea on what OB power. He drives by a dealer on way to place on Maine coast and I told hold off on new, there are a lot of used boats for sale. (I recommended waiting til end of season) by the way, it'll be used for cruising and island hopping so fishablility has little to do with it.
thanks,

hpoffshore 08-10-2006 08:01 AM

Re: Pro-line CC opinions

The 24 Sport is an excellent hull....22' Deep-vee, full running surface to the transom w/recessed tabs, It's actually the Donzi ZF hull shape without the steps. Deep freeboard, big roomy console with lots of wind/spray protection. Nicest t-top pipework in it's class. Works with either single or twins/140 gal. fuel. No wood construction, 10 yr. transferrable hull warr.
40 yr. company history under same management.
Hugh

CMG 08-10-2006 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Hugh, sounds like your a dealer, can he expect decent resale?

oh ya, everyone likes a pic

BY U BOY 08-10-2006 09:28 AM

Great Rough Water Boat. I Have Had My 20 Sport In 7' In Destin No Problems. The Only Problem I Have Had With The Boat Is The Bow Rail Came Loose In Some Of That Washing Machine Water That Lake Pontchartrain Is Know For. We Had To Cut Access Holes To Re Tighten The Rail.

hpoffshore 08-10-2006 09:44 AM

Yeah, very happy to say that we're one of Pro-Line's top ten dealers! Great product and great support. We do nicely with Pro-line trades because unless the boat has just been abused, we're able to offer close to NADA high retail trade #'s. I actually wish more folks would bring us their Pro-line trades...we do very well with them. Pro-Line owners don't seem to have much problem selling their boats on the street, either.
Hugh

hpoffshore 08-10-2006 09:47 AM

The 24 Super Sport w/T-150 Opti's is a really good performer too. 60mph...drives like a sport-boat.

FeverMike 08-10-2006 10:08 AM

CMG, have your friend go check out www.thehulltruth.com for answers on Proline and to see what other competitive boats this Proline would compare to.
Hulltruth is a site much like OSO but geared toward the type of boat and fishing. Also OSO's sister site anglersonly.com would be a cool place to check out. The Florida Sportsman magazine has a huge forum for boats and fishing. :D