Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Big Cat Poker Run 2006 Pics- Discovery Bay, CA !!!! >

Big Cat Poker Run 2006 Pics- Discovery Bay, CA !!!!

Notices

Big Cat Poker Run 2006 Pics- Discovery Bay, CA !!!!

Old 08-12-2006, 06:58 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Big Cat Poker Run 2006 Pics- Discovery Bay, CA !!!!

Is there any news on Rik Wimp? I heard he was air lifted to the hospital.
pat W
Old 08-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Great pics!

Since you were running on Bobbits Skater you guys had to have seen the 30 skater roll. Get any pics? And what this I har about two DCB's hitting? No bueno.

And why the hell is Larry always hugged up with a different chick in every pic!

Glad you guys liked the pic's.....

Heading to the dinner party right now......

Tank,

We missed the accident as we were out in front....

We were the first boat to the stop, with Phat Cat right behind....

As for now, the story is that the 30' Skater lost a surface drive and swung hard right, then back to the left and clipped Dr.Evil (Nor-Tech), then a 32' DCB with Dave on board, may have been Charly's boat, ran into the 30' Skater and lost one or both sponsons, then a couple more boats ran into that group, ejecting a few people.

At this moment, no one appeared to get hurt. I was told that the 30' Skater was sunk sponsons in the air....

I'll post some more late tonight after I hear a few more rumors.......

Again, everyone appears to be OK.....

Also, got some GREAT photos from the breakfast & lunch spots.....

I'll get those up late tonight (Tomorrow AM for you East Coast boys)....

P.S.......Larry landed some local chick last night....That Whore!!!

Later,

CJG

Last edited by SHAKEN Not Stirred; 08-12-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:53 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice house, where is that? Sweet harware and great pictures. What kind of camera?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for some awsome pics
Old 08-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAKEN Not Stirred
Glad you guys liked the pic's.....

Heading to the dinner party right now......

Tank,

We missed the accident as we were out in front....

We were the first boat to the stop, with Phat Cat right behind....

As for now, the story is that the 30' Skater lost a surface drive and swung hard right, then back to the left and clipped Dr.Evil (Nor-Tech), then a 32' DCB with Dave on board, may have been Charly's boat, ran into the 30' Skater and lost one or both sponsons, then a couple more boats ran into that group, ejecting a few people.

At this moment, no one appeared to get hurt. I was told that the 30' Skater was sunk sponsons in the air....

I'll post some more late tonight after I hear a few more rumors.......

Again, everyone appears to be OK.....

Also, got some GREAT photos from the breakfast & lunch spots.....

I'll get those up late tonight (Tomorrow AM for you East Coast boys)....

P.S.......Larry landed some local chick last night....That Whore!!!

Later,

CJG

That sounds gnarly! Glad everyone is ok though.

Now quit drinking and post the rest of the pics for us saps that can't be there.

By the way, did you get more video on Risky Bus.?
Old 08-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lost a drive how ? Did it fall off ? Not sure how it would make the boat turn. I have lost drives bravo and never even turned the boat a little at 120mph.

CM
Old 08-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The rumor has it that Razor's drive tie bar had failed and the copter shot has footage of it flopping around before he hooked. Seven boats were damaged to some extent. My 35 Jag was envolved, so sadly for me my season is over, however no one was injured in my boat or the 36 skater that ran over my stern. The accidents all happened before the run even officially started. The cause in my opinion was boats jumping the start in a tight area. I saw the razor skater upside down and reduced speed and came off plane and some trailing boats simply didn't react quick enough or were traveling too fast. We were at an idle and were hit be the skater at est. 80 m.p.h. He was slowing from over 100 m.p.h. in an area that we were not to exceed 70 m.p.h. I was able to come off plane and almost stop in that same area, so driver error almost caused a loss of life. The boat took off my port air cleaners with his drive skeg and his prop cut the back rest and the side of my hull directly were my buddy was sitting. My buddies were standing on the rear seats waving their arms and dove to the floor. We were very lucky! What was to be a fun day almost shortened my list of friends. Sorry about the rant and I enjoy fast boating but use common sense. Bob Teague stated the procedure to be followed at the drivers meeting and he has driven more fast boats than most and his instructions were not followed by some. Be safe and enjoy the rest of the season. I'll have to wait for next year. Doug
Old 08-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 27daytona
The rumor has it that Razor's drive tie bar had failed and the copter shot has footage of it flopping around before he hooked. Seven boats were damaged to some extent. My 35 Jag was envolved, so sadly for me my season is over, however no one was injured in my boat or the 36 skater that ran over my stern. The accidents all happened before the run even officially started. The cause in my opinion was boats jumping the start in a tight area. I saw the razor skater upside down and reduced speed and came off plane and some trailing boats simply didn't react quick enough or were traveling too fast. We were at an idle and were hit be the skater at est. 80 m.p.h. He was slowing from over 100 m.p.h. in an area that we were not to exceed 70 m.p.h. I was able to come off plane and almost stop in that same area, so driver error almost caused a loss of life. The boat took off my port air cleaners with his drive skeg and his prop cut the back rest and the side of my hull directly were my buddy was sitting. My buddies were standing on the rear seats waving their arms and dove to the floor. We were very lucky! What was to be a fun day almost shortened my list of friends. Sorry about the rant and I enjoy fast boating but use common sense. Bob Teague stated the procedure to be followed at the drivers meeting and he has driven more fast boats than most and his instructions were not followed by some. Be safe and enjoy the rest of the season. I'll have to wait for next year. Doug
I'm glad the outcome was better than expected for that type of incident. Fiberglass can be replaced, but friends and loss of life can't. Thank god your friends as well as yourself saw the accident coming and acted appropriately. Good luck to you next year in boating. JJ
Old 08-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 27daytona

Your very lucky!!! Gald no one was hurt . The starts are allways hairy.

goodluck

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shifter
Is there any news on Rik Wimp? I heard he was air lifted to the hospital.
pat W
rumors fly,,
he is fine,,,
did not get lifted,

Quick Reply: Big Cat Poker Run 2006 Pics- Discovery Bay, CA !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.