Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   coyote 32 cobra? help (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137736-coyote-32-cobra-help.html)

NRG 08-17-2006 06:43 PM

Re: coyote 32 cobra? help

Damn, would that MSV 44 be a killer. I wonder how it would do against the Apache today!

dammmagnum 08-17-2006 06:45 PM

Hello Bob S.
Many years ago was listening to Dr Magoon tell some interesting stories about Roger Hanks and bandaging him up before races and carriyng wad of cash on board during races?
Had heard he was pretty much the first to get a set of headers for the Blonde boats?
Was he as colorful as they say?
Thank you
Jim

galeforce22 08-20-2006 09:33 AM

:evilb: any else got any other coyote pics?

Offshoreracr 08-20-2006 05:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pics of my old 34 Coyote. The pics of it when it was Putt-Putt came from Brownie.

Offshoreracr 08-20-2006 05:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
a couple more

galeforce22 08-20-2006 05:55 PM

cant believe i am havin a hard time selling this thing for 7000 i really want to trade for a 21-25 ob boat. no one is out there. whats wit that :eek:

Lanier Motorsport 08-20-2006 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this one in my pics

galeforce22 08-23-2006 04:49 PM

i wanna trade for a donzi. anyone out there. :evilb:

galeforce22 08-23-2006 04:50 PM

prefer a 18-20 donzi

Ed 08-23-2006 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by galeforce22
these are the hull numbers.. COB32P81582* was really hard to get a title here in mass. the environmentals had to come out and issue me a new hull number cause the old one didnt have enuff numbers.. pain in the ... but i did get it done so ..if anyone knows how to find original owners through hull id please let me kno. i ran merc numbers and came up with a local guy named Ted Turner but i dont know if he was original owner from beginning and he didnt help as much as i wanted. i want original pics so i can restore. to perf. thanx... :evilb:

I rigged your Cobra as a new boat in 1983 at Ted Jones Sundance Marine in Ft. Lauderdale. Sundance in those years was an extremely Mercury Hi-Performance outboard driven rig shop & race headquarters for most all the Mercury Hi-Perf outboard powered offshore raceboats running the circuit at the time, not to mention Champ & SST 120 tunnel boats, as well as 100 m.p.h. plus bass boats. We also were working with Mercury Hi-Performance Factory Race Division testing many experimental outboards, some that came to market, some that did'nt. Your Cobra is a converted sterndrive boat with, the then new, brown stripe 1984 twin 200 carbureted Mercury's. We built it as just a pleasure boat, for Ted Jones uncle, Ted Turner(no relation), who was a successful stock market analyst. The name we had Billy Schwartz, a local creative boat painter, paint on both hull sides was "Bull And Bear", with an actual bull and bear included in the name. You might still see evidence of this(?). I do know that Ted Turner himself, owned the boat for at least 20 years. Hope this helps. Ed