Notices

1000 Islands Poker Run!

Old 08-14-2006, 10:15 PM
cloke

Default Re: 1000 Islands Poker Run!

Great poker run. The Taylor family did a fabulous job as well as those folks in Kingston and Brockville who seemed well organized and great hosts.

Glad to see the rule makers had the parts to DQ those that forgot what the pace boats were there for.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cloke
Great poker run. The Taylor family did a fabulous job as well as those folks in Kingston and Brockville who seemed well organized and great hosts.

Glad to see the rule makers had the parts to DQ those that forgot what the pace boats were there for.
I know Extreme was DQ'ed, was there more than one?
Old 08-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey Chicago Crew,
Thanks for an awesome time @ The Juice. I was with Bluellama.

Bluellama,
What can I say
It was a great weekend as always!
I am already saving $$ for the Palace
Don't be a stranger and come see us in Jersey!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
I know Extreme was DQ'ed, was there more than one?
3 total, but I don't know what the other two were for or who. There was a nice looking Cigarette from Ocean Performace that passed me in the Brockville narrows like I was standing still, but I don't think a sponsor would get DQ.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I know My Way was running with Extreme Exibit @ 120+ with the OPP police helicopter chasing the two of them through the dead slow area. I'm sure this is what got EE dq'd but don't know about My Way.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered

I just heard a second boat an Outerlimits, was DQ'ed too for not wearing life jackets for one section.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I know My Way was running with Extreme Exibit @ 120+ with the OPP police helicopter chasing the two of them through the dead slow area. I'm sure this is what got EE dq'd but don't know about My Way.
EE was dq'd for leaving the prescott stop b4 the pace boat and ripping a$$ up the middle of the channel while fellow poker runners were still on their way to prescott. they had to swerve to avoid getting run over. this pi$$ed off a lot of people, both in and ot of the run...
Old 08-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you all had a great time and as for the Chicago crew , try hanging with them all the time, and there is more where they came from. If most of us come up next year we won't stop at the bar we'll take over the town.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30Spectre
EE was dq'd for leaving the prescott stop b4 the pace boat and ripping a$$ up the middle of the channel while fellow poker runners were still on their way to prescott. they had to swerve to avoid getting run over. this pi$$ed off a lot of people, both in and ot of the run...
Yup, and all for what? To 'TRY' and make back to Kingston first? Why else would they have done that?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
3 total, but I don't know what the other two were for or who. There was a nice looking Cigarette from Ocean Performace that passed me in the Brockville narrows like I was standing still, but I don't think a sponsor would get DQ.

If the boat from Ocean Performance and was going to fast it was probably my fault. I did slow down at the spot you mentioned but maybe not soon enough. I was trying to be their guide all day!!
This was the first year I made it that far on the run and it was the first year for any of the crew from OP boat that did the run.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 08-15-2006 at 02:08 PM.

Quick Reply: 1000 Islands Poker Run!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.