Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1000 Islands Poker Run! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/137798-1000-islands-poker-run.html)

Team V 08-13-2006 05:57 PM

1000 Islands Poker Run!

2 Attachment(s)
Extreme Exhibit out front.......... My Way appeared to be limping back to port?

cosmic12 08-13-2006 06:08 PM

Re: 1000 Islands Poker Run!

I heard MY WAY broke something but was first back at the end,and that EXTREME was off corse at the start. there were alot of great boats there anybody got anymore pics?????

Team V 08-13-2006 06:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry...... only a few good pics.....

Cat Killer...... just kidding! :cool:

carney 08-13-2006 06:14 PM

The radio said MY WAY was the first one back. But on the first leg he was way back in the pack. who knows??????? How did the kilo run finish ????? I thought it was nice that so many people boated to kingston to see the boats and buy shirts hats or what ever and there was no place to dock. I pulled in to the day docks and they told us to leave. That will be the last time for myself.

Team V 08-13-2006 06:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Team V 08-13-2006 06:41 PM

Yeah...... Extreme was a tad off course!! We were on the edge of the Canadian channel, and they went behind us, poor dude on a jet ski about crapped his pants!!

Bobthebuilder 08-13-2006 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Team V
Yeah...... Extreme was a tad off course!! We were on the edge of the Canadian channel, and they went behind us, poor dude on a jet ski about crapped his pants!!

Extreme xhibit ran the same coarse that they had plugged into their GPS from last year. This years routing was a little different in places. There are lots of places where you can cross over from one chanel to another. :D
btb

Bobthebuilder 08-13-2006 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by carney
The radio said MY WAY was the first one back. But on the first leg he was way back in the pack. who knows??????? How did the kilo run finish ????? I thought it was nice that so many people boated to kingston to see the boats and buy shirts hats or what ever and there was no place to dock. I pulled in to the day docks and they told us to leave. That will be the last time for myself.

Yes, My Way was first back. They had a problem eastbound and got it sorted out. Arrived at the lunch stop not long before we pulled out and ran strong after that.
Extreme Xhibit finished on three of four engines and were limited to 120 MPH.
Maxed Out blew a head gasket.
Danger Zone blew a motor.
Outerlimits had an impressive linup of boats that ran strong.
Also some great looking [ and running ] MTI's, Skaters, Nor Tech's, Cigarettes ......etc.

Could not stay for the Radar Run. Maybe someone can post the results.

Sorry to hear you could not be accomodated at Kingston Harbor. They were a little overwhelmed with over 100 Poker Run boats and their reservations I expect.

Bob :D

cosmic12 08-13-2006 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Team V
Sorry...... only a few good pics.....

Cat Killer...... just kidding! :cool:

I was surprised to the killer running very far behind everyone else on the east bound trip. whats up with that? How did they do on the west return trip?

Bobthebuilder 08-13-2006 07:56 PM

I should say too the event was well organized, weather was perfect and I gave it real high marks. Kingston is a great venue for the event. :D
Lots of Marshal boats to keep the thousands of spectatror boats clear and identify speed restricted zones. I felt the spectator boats were great in giving us a clear shot for most of the coarse. :cool: Always a few idiots tho. :eek:
Bob