Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I W S F A Insurance For A Cat Info (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138007-i-w-s-f-insurance-cat-info.html)

mikebrls 08-15-2006 03:59 PM

I W S F A Insurance For A Cat Info

Has Any Body Herd Of This Company "" I.w.s.f.a. ""
For Cat Insurance ? There Based Out Of Canada.
Any Info Would Be Great

Thank's For Your Help
Mike

mikebrls 08-15-2006 04:13 PM

Re: I W S F A Insurance For A Cat Info

They Said They Go Threw A Company Called ""
Ocean Marine Master Policy ""
If That Help Any One Out On Any Info They Mite Have .

Thank's
Mike

dirtlawyer 08-15-2006 05:03 PM

from my understanding, the only company writing cat insurance in Florida is Markel.

Hell Ya! 08-15-2006 07:18 PM

There is a new sorce. Performance Marine Group the owner is John Mcgrath. They will write High Performance Cats and V's up to 120 mph, maybe higher later. I have talked to them and John sounds like a great guy. He told me he will be very competative on pricing. They are requiring that Cat owner have had 2 years of ownership. Here is his number...402-330-2879

jeff

berns29scarab 08-15-2006 09:07 PM

what happened to INSURANCE GOD

davere 08-16-2006 08:26 PM

Mike,
Dave & I insure our cat thru them. They are underwritten by North American Marine & General Insurance Co. Ltd. and are very affordable.
We have not had any problems, but then again we never had to file a claim with them (hopefully will never have to).
At that point all insurance companies are the same, they will try to find a way to weasel out or chump change you on your claim. Good Luck.
Re

grand-illusion 08-24-2006 12:23 PM

What's their contact info?

LostinBoston 08-24-2006 12:31 PM

I woudlnt trust it. as davere said, they will all try to weasal out of payign if there ever is a claim, so best bet is to just go self insured.

LostinBoston 08-24-2006 12:37 PM

i thought that name sounded familiar.
from another thread:

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
The Canadian insurance company(INTERNATIONAL WATER SAFETY FOUNDATION) or IWSF is a total fraud and most of the state insurance commissions have cease and desist orders against them.I would advise anyone that is going to use them to go to their website and read how the US constitution gives you the right to get screwed by them.CLICK ON THE INSURANCE BENEFITS SECTION !

Call Sy.

BAJA WILL 08-24-2006 12:58 PM

Get a insurance policy from out of the country??? Yea I know of some NIGERIANS that will write a policy, and give you money back after you give them you Account#

WILL :(