Nor-tech 80 are you kidding :O

Notices

Nor-tech 80 are you kidding :O

Old 08-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Nor-tech 80 are you kidding :O

Holy hell that's a lot of (performance) boat... very cool! (any chance you'd do a center console version Terry!?)
Old 08-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happened with the 125' ? Also whats the hole in the center bottom of the transom ..looks big to be a drain plug ..Beautiful boat , cant wait to see thefinished product
Old 08-16-2006, 08:57 AM
Registered

Went to Nor-Tech Yesterday, the 80' is very impressive, but I really like the 50' with turbines,the massive tubes out the back can't wait to see that boat run. My friend Mike is getting a 39' built, the whole operation is outstanding, from fabrication to the rigging and engine department,first class.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera1
What happened with the 125' ? Also whats the hole in the center bottom of the transom ..looks big to be a drain plug ..Beautiful boat , cant wait to see thefinished product
The City of Cape Coral would not allow the us to keep the steel framed tent over it. Without a shelter we could no longer continue the project. There's nothing on the books about a giant hulk left to rot though.
The hole is the thru-hull for the stern thruster.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by salesmanship
The City of Cape Coral would not allow the us to keep the steel framed tent over it. Without a shelter we could no longer continue the project. There's nothing on the books about a giant hulk left to rot though.
Ahh ..you have to love town politics
Why a stern thruster..couldnt you just fire one up or is it for sideways movement, im aware the surface drives are useless at the dock.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Back in '89 0r '90, John Connor had an 83' "offshore" in his shop for rigging. The hull was built by Tencara in Italy. It had a narrow beam- proportioned about the same as a 40' performance boat. Propulsion was a pair of turbines AND a pair of diesels. The turbines for running and the Diesels for moving in and out of port or areas the turbines couldn't be started for noise considerations. The engines were connecting to dual-in/single-out ZF boxes. They could be switched back and forth between which mode of propulsion you chose- you couldn't use both. John projected speed at about 85 mph.

Somewhere in the project, the customer died- I don't know whatever happened to it. It went up for sale as an incomplete, unpowered project.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I think Nor Tech are wise to expand into the bigger super cruisers. Don Shead went from designing class 1 racers to designing the highly successful Sunseeker range - Europe is swamped with them - it has made the company very high profile. If Nortech go for the European market I think they may have a winner! (Not so much demand over here for out and out racer types of machine - ).
Old 08-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
I love it here, moved in April 2003, boat shipped in from Upstate in June, worked out of town each week Monday through Friday for the first 6 months, the day the boat was delivered (on the trailer to a marina with a big fork truck), and had trailer in drive for a couple of days finalizing storage yard contract and got reported by a nasty neighbor and a violation delivered the third day saying had until Sat. to get "equipment" out of the drive. Nasty neighbor's house built in the 60's real ugly, looks like it ought to have some junkers in the yard and she b!tches about my trailer! Welcome to Cape Coral.
She bolted after Charlie (wimped out), I had and used a generator after the storm but no extension cord went her way, but did supply neighbor on the other side with juice for fans/tv/refridge/freezer as well as us.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 572 Likes on 237 Posts

Dad and i built a strip mall up there about twelve years ago when the whole area was a real dump.Halfway through the project we sold the rest of the land off and soon sold the mall after dealing with the city of Cape Coral.That city is ran by some of the most uncooperative a$$e$ on earth.