Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need Info on Ft Lauderdale to Boyton Beach area, I am moving there?? >

Need Info on Ft Lauderdale to Boyton Beach area, I am moving there??

Notices

Need Info on Ft Lauderdale to Boyton Beach area, I am moving there??

Old 08-14-2006, 07:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Info on Ft Lauderdale to Boyton Beach area, I am moving there??

Well I had been interviewing for a position in that area and found out friday that I am getting the offer OK, so I am not real familiar with that area and would appreciate any info /suggestions you can give me on fair priced places to live? What areas to avoid? Places to Keep a boat? OSO Members who would like to get togather??

My office will be at the Ft Laud. Cypress Creek Exit to start and then in 6 months move to Boyton Beach, Congress Ave.

All info is greatly appreciated

WILL MURRAY
Old 08-14-2006, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts
Default Re: Need Info on Ft Lauderdale to Boyton Beach area, I am moving there??

The further south you go the more expensive the real estate whether you rent or buy. The Cypress Creek area is North Ft Lauderdale bordering on Pompano Beach. Several rack storage places in this area. Rack is $14-16 per foot I believe plus tax.
The Boynton area is going through a big redevelopment (Motorola had a plant on Congress Ave. and moved out, site is being redeveloped). The marinas are all along US1 and may be slightly cheaper.

Housing has dropped 20% or more in the past 6 months so if you are buying prices are better but still insane.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Re: Need Info on Ft Lauderdale to Boyton Beach area, I am moving there??

If you want to keep the boat by your office I would suggest Hideaway Marina for rack storage. Hideaway is a few blocks south of Atlantic Blvd on Federal Hwy. Altantic Blvd is the next exit North of Cypress Creek off I-95. Hideaway is about 30-35 min. south of Boynton Beach Blvd (by car). If that's too far, I'm sure there are a few dry stacks in Boynton. However, a lot of OSO members are in the Pompano/Fort Lauderdale area and Shooters is by Oakland Park

Congrats on the new job

PS-Look foward to this on Sundays!
Attached Thumbnails Need Info on Ft Lauderdale to Boyton Beach area, I am moving there??-img_3962.jpg   Need Info on Ft Lauderdale to Boyton Beach area, I am moving there??-img_5448.jpg   Need Info on Ft Lauderdale to Boyton Beach area, I am moving there??-img_5451.jpg  

Old 08-14-2006, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the info, yes I know I am going to love it, looking forward to getting down there. My biggest decision right noe is if I want to go a head a rent a place in Boyton? and commute to Lauderdale, or vise versa. I guess it really depends on what I find. I booked a flight back down for aug 30-sept2, just to look for places to live. For the time being I need to keep the rent a little low trying to stay in the $800-1000 month range?? if that is possible in that area?

WILL
Old 08-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
Thanks for the info, yes I know I am going to love it, looking forward to getting down there. My biggest decision right noe is if I want to go a head a rent a place in Boyton? and commute to Lauderdale, or vise versa. I guess it really depends on what I find. I booked a flight back down for aug 30-sept2, just to look for places to live. For the time being I need to keep the rent a little low trying to stay in the $800-1000 month range?? if that is possible in that area?

WILL

Cheap rent in Boynton yes.................Lauderdale will be tougher
Old 08-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A Decent 2 Bedroom Apt, In Fort Lauderdale Will Cost You About 1500 A Month Rent .
You Will Probaly Find Better Or Cheaper Rent Up North For The Same Type Of Apartment
Old 08-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to the hood ....you will love it

mike
Old 08-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Hey Will, look at the Deerfield Beach area. It's where I grew up, and live, and it's halfway between the two areas. About 15mins each way. You'll be happy later to be closer to Ft. Laud where the fun is at. The commute south will be worse than the one north.

Rent is still not too bad here. Less than Ft. Lauderdale for equal amenities.

Call if you need more info.

Greg
Old 08-16-2006, 10:23 AM

Greg, I still have your # and will appreciate any help and advise you can give. I will try to call you tonight or tomarrow, life is chaos since I deceided to make this move. I am very excited about coming down. Deer field I will look it up on the map tonight also.

WILL
Old 08-16-2006, 12:42 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the jungle The commute from Boyton to Lauderdale would be a PIA I think. traffic is pretty bad. CANT beat downtown Ft. Lauderdale for nightlife. I can walk to 2/3's of the best places from my house.

Deerfield is a nice compromise. Listen to Cash. He is the most sober of the crew

Quick Reply: Need Info on Ft Lauderdale to Boyton Beach area, I am moving there??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.