Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I Need To Vent! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138133-i-need-vent.html)

Tony Montana 08-17-2006 09:02 AM

Re: I Need To Vent!

Originally Posted by rush
The dealer I bought my boat from last august still has it for sale on boat trader, and keeps renewing the ad. I emailed them and asked them how much they wanted for my boat . no responce :D

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :drink:

cuda 08-17-2006 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Why would he pay to list a boat for sale that he doesn't have?

The old "bait and switch".

"Oh, sorry, I just sold that one yesterday, I do have a great deal on a........................"

bob_t 08-17-2006 09:39 AM

Beav had my boat listed for about 5 years after I bought it from a private individual who never even listed it thru Beav. While we owned it, I would occasionally call Beav to see how much he wanted for it ... answer was always the same "send me a deposit to show that you are serious and I'll contact the owner". He didn't even have a clue who the owner was (me!). I have since sold that boat to a good friend, and occasionally I still see it listed by the Beav. All that he wanted was a deposit ... good luck trying to get that back! Its a real shame there are people like him allowed to exist. :mad:

el indio 08-17-2006 09:44 AM

Gee Don sounds like the Beav is trying to give you the bussiness.....

Roger 1 08-17-2006 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by el indio
Gee Don sounds like the Beav is trying to give you the bussiness.....

What do you mean by that sir? :D

el indio 08-17-2006 09:57 AM

right on roger 1...............lumpy is going to hear about this...........

hunster 08-17-2006 10:16 AM

send eddie haskell over there to straighten out the beav!

wrinkleface 08-17-2006 10:18 AM

Hopefully what goes around cumz around!! :mad:

DURANGOKID59 08-17-2006 10:29 AM

This thread is hilarious to me. A year or so ago a buddy of mine who is new to boating was looking at an 18 ft Searay that he saw listed on some website, and wanted me to call to get more details since he didnt know what questions to ask. It was listed as being brokered by Beav. I didnt know anything about him at the time, but when I called, the guy knew absolutly nothing about the boat, and only had the HIN, and said the boat was in Minnesota. To get more info, he wanted my buddy to drop a 20% deposit on it, before we knew anything about the boat. He basically made it sound as if he was Gods great gift to the boating world, and we'd be crazy to look elsewhere. I told my buddy to stay away from this azz clown, and keep looking. Well, he kept looking, and came across the same boat listed for sale on Yahoo, by owner. We called the guy up, and he had no idea who Beav boats was. Well, he ended up buying the boat from the real owner, so it all worked out, but thats my dealings with the Beav.

satisfactionII 08-17-2006 01:39 PM

All I had to see was beavboats and knew you got hosed. Nothing else to comment. :eek: :(