Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
4 boats crash in Ca. and no one on OSO starts a thread??? >

4 boats crash in Ca. and no one on OSO starts a thread???

Notices

4 boats crash in Ca. and no one on OSO starts a thread???

Old 08-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 4 boats crash in Ca. and no one on OSO starts a thread???

who got the dui, was he in the silver skater?
Old 08-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We where just up river from the incident. I've never liked the start of this run but that's neither here nor there. We just wanted to see the fast boats going past on the main channel.

I've been reading all this speculation from a bunch of guys who weren't even on the west coast as to what happened. It will all come out in due time so relax! Ruminating on line like this about what happened is going to hurt us all. Just think about what an underwriter must think of this sport when fellow boaters are calling each other irresponsible and wreck-less. People got hurt and allot of hardware got hammered. Leave it at that!

As a side note. Some of what you guys are writing is so far from fact it's comical! Where are you getting your information?... forget it, I don't want to know.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty

It will all come out in due time so relax! Ruminating on line like this about what happened is going to hurt us all. .
If it weren't for discussions like this on sites like this, alot of these incidents would never come to light. I think the majority of boaters are responsible and decent people. I for one refuse to associate with boaters who drink or operate dangerously. I think there are others out there like me. If more of us knew and more of us stood our ground, maybe some of this crap would stop. You're right- I wasn't there. But I have yet to see anything refuting of what's been said- race-style start on a narrow river, some ridiculous, unenforceable speed limit, faulty hardware and the list goes on. If it is incorrect, so what? That will all come out in the end. Someone is liable to show up for one of these things thinking he can have a day of fun with his family or buddies and then inadvertently find himself in the middle of a full-blown race with little if any rules.

Originally Posted by Lofty
Just think about what an underwriter must think of this sport when fellow boaters are calling each other irresponsible and wreck-less. People got hurt and allot of hardware got hammered. Leave it at that!
So what you're saying is the start of this run wasn't irresponsible and reckless? Tell you what, pay my escalating insurance premium and I'll leave it at that. 34 years of performance boating and not a nickle in claims. Yet my insurance has doubled in the last few years. It's clowns like this who have driven it there. I hope to God that the insurers put severe restrictions on this stuff. I don't have a problem with it because I'm going to be able to comply with no problems. What's happening is getting out-of-hand.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cashbar, I am waiting for someone to take your picture that was made up of you on that fountain and place you on the keel of the skater. I heard that you are everywhere.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 4 Cats crash in Ca. and no one on OSO starts a thread???

Originally Posted by Panther
I heard the same rumor and hope this is incorrect.

I also heard it wasn't the safety director, it was the manufacturer...
Old 08-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
cashbar, I am waiting for someone to take your picture that was made up of you on that fountain and place you on the keel of the skater. I heard that you are everywhere.

Sounds about right, but the timing would be off since I was in England wrecking "King of Shaves" that weekend.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

4 boats crash in Ca. and no one on OSO starts a thread
Nope i live in md, 3000 miles away...All I say is I hope no one was seriously injured