Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Velocities (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138326-velocities.html)

TeamSaris 08-19-2006 03:37 PM

Velocities

I have ridden in a few and really liked em. What do you guys think of them?

Chris Sunkin 08-19-2006 04:06 PM

Re: Velocities

I had one of the original 30' race boats. Went like hell on small power- they all had hull cracking problems at the engine compartment bulkhead- I know of several of them- same thing. The Regal boats have a BAD rap on them but I don't have 1st hand knowledge. The 32's weren't highly regarded either. The big boats are a great bang for the buck. You get alot of "what's a Velocity?" though. Not so hot resale.

Takes some skill to drive with the pad bottom- you have to acquire a feel for what the boat is doing.

FeverMike 08-19-2006 04:49 PM

Hey Mr. Heon...... :eek: nahhhh! :drink:

mr_velocity 08-19-2006 05:45 PM

My 41 is 10 years old now. I beat the living crap out if in the waters of NJ. So far, no problems. Runs pretty good with small power and I haven't had any problems and keep up with any other boat in the rough. When it gets rough you just need to make sure run the drives neutral or you'll land on the pad every time....ouch.....

Definitely a boat you need to learn how to drive.

As far as resale, the 26's (what is now called the 28) do very well as do the 39s. Not sure about the other models.

ThoroughHustler 08-19-2006 08:13 PM

Mine is delaminating and it a 2000.

Top Banana 08-19-2006 08:44 PM

Steve Stepp is a top builder with experience that comes right from his own racing background.

He builds one of the best boats on the market today.

You will get individual attention and a real custom boat for your money.

What else do you need to know? Talk to the man himself and make your decision.

THEJOKER 08-19-2006 09:01 PM

Steve is a stand up guy. He's building a new 30 now. He's also one the first guy's I called when I chose to bring back factory class racing.

mikes280 08-19-2006 10:12 PM

i have a 280 with farely big power boat runs in the upper 90's it is a 96 model i have had NO problems at all with the boat and the factory is great to work with

Oh Deere 08-20-2006 07:12 AM

Through,

Care to elaborate....? As of Spring 05, there was not even a stress crack. Perhaps you could share a few of the "situations" which may have led to your problems.... Still selling Velocity's?

drypipetiger 08-20-2006 08:01 AM

PM Velocity4me... He's an owner and will have some great info for you.