Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   my first motor hit the dyno today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/138329-my-first-motor-hit-dyno-today.html)

ratman 08-19-2006 04:34 PM

my first motor hit the dyno today

1000 doggies first pull with only 5 lbs of boost :D gonna make a few changes on monday and do some more tuning and pulls...wahoo

masher44 08-19-2006 04:51 PM

Re: my first motor hit the dyno today

Originally Posted by ratman
1000 doggies first pull with only 5 lbs of boost :D gonna make a few changes on monday and do some more tuning and pulls...wahoo

Can you bring them to LOTO as spares for me? :evilb:

Outdrive1 08-19-2006 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
Can you bring them to LOTO as spares for me? :evilb:

You shouldn't need spares as long as JC used the new kevlar backed duct tape. :rolleyes:

Too Old 08-19-2006 07:20 PM

MER Engines?

BajaRunner 08-19-2006 11:12 PM

about time :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

ratman 08-20-2006 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
about time :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

no $hit bro, not sure how much boost the tune up will have, i was thinking 7lbs im only running 1071's. im not sure how hard the blowers are spinning to make that five pounds of boost. yes fred they were built by mark at mer, but you knew that :rolleyes: im hoping they will be off the dyno and plumbed for instalation in 2 weeks. i hope to go pick up the michelob boat about the same time. i can't wait to get the engines in the boat and get back out on the water.

bouyhunter 08-20-2006 09:39 AM

Congrat's!
What are you gonna do when you only pull 500HP outta the other one??
I guess you'll have to decide if you want to run in a really fast circle to port or starboard - then install motors accordingly :evilb:

Son of a Gun 08-20-2006 10:22 AM

Got any pics?

ratman 08-20-2006 10:39 AM

fred was gonna take some pics for me but baulked and went to the tittie bar with his camera instead.

Son of a Gun 08-20-2006 10:51 AM

We all have our priorities. :D