Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New F2 team looking for some advice... >

New F2 team looking for some advice...

Notices

New F2 team looking for some advice...

Old 02-06-2002, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All APBA engines are certified by CRE as to being within the specified Horsepower range. This process was established to bring parity and conformance to the rules. I believe it has done what it was intended to accomplish and in fact also truth be known, there heve been some engines not certified because they could not achieve the minimum horsepower spec. This is a great asset to an unsuspecting buyer who has just shelled out significant coin to purchase all those ponies.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:09 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Spare drives, lots of help, boat wash and wax and a crew willing to work long hours.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Scott,

All of the above have provided you with very prudent advice. DJD and I would go over the entire boat before each race at the site. First he would go through the motors, then I would follow. I would crawl around under the dash, in the bow and look at EVERYTHING!!! Check the drives to make sure they aren't "toed" in...this will slow you down. Don't forget to change the oil after every race..it's cheap insurance. There are always plenty of helping hands and fellow racers in the pits to lend a hand. Get to the crane woth the lifing strap in place, lines on the boat and the plug in. My advice..pull up in th pits next to the Typhoon guys...they will help keep you in check. There is no substitute for preparation. Trust me, organizing and running a Factory race team will take some effort, especially if you are fortunate to get a great sponsor or two...

Please feel free to call me with any questions...

Marcus Z.
F2-07 Wild Child
Old 02-06-2002, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

P. S. here's my # 203-410-1139

Marcus
Old 02-06-2002, 11:09 AM
DJD
Registered

P.S.
Get a good throttleman like Waterspeed & You'll pick up a few checkered flags as well.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:20 PM
scottr

Wow, great response. Fantastic camaraderie, I am really impressed to say the least. Randy, Dave and Marcus - I will take you up on your kind offers and give you a call. The boat is a F-2 prepared 36' Gladiator with CRE engines. You will really like this group of guys that have come together. Thanks again for your thoughts and recommendations, we really appreciate it.

Scott

Old 02-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IF YOU PIT NEXT TO TYPHOON F-29
YOU HAVE TO HAVE BEER, BEER, BEER.
RIGHT RANDY.
MIKE
Old 02-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scott, Best of luck to you and your team. It is great to see more people getting involved in the sport. If anyone else is looking to jump in with both feet I have 2 F-2 Formula 382's with Trailers and Truck ready to sell. I can sell individually or as a package. One is a 99 and the other is a 01. Call wth any questions.
Matt 949-212-7275
Old 02-06-2002, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Spoke to Scott today,what a nice guy.Sounds like they got a full year planned with race's and poker runs.I belive the cig. is the virgin boat so very little set up work will be needed.You guys in the Great lakes better put on your game faces we all know what that boat can do.They are a rookie team but after there first race they will be on the line with you.I also told them to hook up with Jim Porter and the Ubanks in the series.
Randy