Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why do Fountains ride so good... >

Why do Fountains ride so good...

Notices

Why do Fountains ride so good...

Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Why do Fountains ride so good...

Originally Posted by 29goingon42
U all ain't got sheet on this...

No sheet there I was on a cruise liner minding my own business and WHAM a 100 Ft. wave turned the ship upside down and I had to save a precious few ladies to the top of the vessel to be saved. I swear it was true

OH yea??? This guy has some sheet!!!! and some really big ballz
http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/superwave.html
Old 08-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care what boat you have.

The water will always win!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 02:24 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoomnfun
Did not start any rumors, just asked if it was true what I heard. Also, I thought a potential customer was driving and Frank was throttles.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess the rule of the day was all the boats took a beating, even those legendary rough water Fountains
That was not the kind of water that you want to let an inexperienced person control your boat, especially when other people's lives are in your hands.

No, there was no customer at the controls during the entire event, but there were customers and their wives in the boat. If I did'nt know I could handle the boat in those seas, I would've never gotten behind the controls, nor would've Scott allowed me to run the boat. Safety first is our main objective.

Secondly, being in the boat all day, what I noticed was a hair line stress crack in the left corner next to the glovebox. I never seen a broken mirror, but I did see some screws that needed tightning, and a loosened door hinge going into the cabin.

The leg going into chicago in the afternoon seen the waves subside to around 4+ footers or so, with an occasional 5-6 ftr thrown in for fun. On that run, we were playing with a new Cig 39 Top Gun that had the 700 package also. We went at it 3 or 4 times from about a 75 mph roll. Everytime we started getting into the low to mid 90's the Cig fell back. Don't know if he was all the way into the sticks, or at that speed, felt that it was too much of a uncomfortable situation for him and all of his passengers. And again, we were running quarting seas, in 4-5 ftrs, and both boats were airing out pretty good. Glanced down once to look at the speedo when we were out in front of the Cig, and it was right before 100. When at the card stop I checked the recall, and it read 99 mph, and also on the digital computer. The boat kept picking up speed, and I'll bet it had another 4-5 mph left in it, but it was starting to hang in the air a little bit too long for me, and I'm sure the customers did'nt want to go any faster.
Actually, I was wrong. Once we slowed down I asked the guys and girls in the back if they were a little scared,we'll run back a little easier. They said "hell NO" lets do it again.

Just some insight from a guy that was on board one of the boats for Shogren. When we pulled all the boats out of the water, I did'nt notice any cracks or damage to any other boats than the one I was running. I wish I would've taken a picture of it, but I doubt it would've taken cause it was a hairline crack in the corner. Actually, my wife noticed it after we came in from the run to Mich city. She thought it was a hair off of one of the girls in the boat, and she went to wipe it off, that's when she showed me, and I realized it was a crack, and not a hair.

You really need to ride in one of these boats when the lake's snotty out there and see for yourself. I think you'd be surprized. I was.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Registered

So, you talked to my partner, Powerboat Mag, Frank, Franks Wife or a friend that has never been on a poker run or on a true sport boat? That's the only people that were on the boat and the s--- seems to be getting deeper.

Let it go and come out and play next time it's rough becasue I/we will not be at the docks or running inside the break wall. There is nothing worse than an aggitator that can't be found on race day or rough water. I hope to meet you someday and put this to rest.

Regards,

Shogren Performance Marine

www.chicagofountain.com

Last edited by TeamShogren.com; 08-26-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by UNSANE
OH yea??? This guy has some sheet!!!! and some really big ballz
http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/superwave.html
That's probably Laird Hamilton, the king of big wave riders.

One of these days I'll get back out in the water but for now I just have some pictures to remember it by. Can't find these waves on the lake though.
Attached Thumbnails Why do Fountains ride so good...-surfing2-medium-2-.jpg   Why do Fountains ride so good...-surfing1-medium-.jpg   Why do Fountains ride so good...-surfing6.jpg  

Old 08-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by SLANDREW
YOU'RE Areal fart smeller your self oh I"m sorry I meant smart fella
One fart smeller he felt fart!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was only one boat put on a lift at Chicago Poker Run with a hole, yes it was a, I am sure you already know.

Regards,

www.chicagofountain.com[/QUOTE]

Your rebuttles to the Zoomfuns posts have been classy to this point. Don't you think that this is a little over the edge. The person that owns the boat in question has nothing to do with this thread. Come on.

Last edited by Magic Medicine; 08-25-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

I've raced in both.....big water is big water, whether it is salt or fresh.
Attached Thumbnails Why do Fountains ride so good...-mvc-020f3.jpg  
Old 08-24-2006, 07:08 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I've raced in both.....big water is big water, whether it is salt or fresh.

Dam!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:07 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
There was only one boat put on a lift at Chicago Poker Run with a hole, yes it was a, I am sure you already know.

Regards,

www.chicagofountain.com
Your rebuttles to the Zoomfuns posts have been classy to this point. Don't you think that this is a little over the edge. Jimmy or his boat have nothing to do with this thread. Come on. [/QUOTE]

Andy shame on you. Nobody ever mentioned any names here or what kind of boat, but now you let the cat out of da bag.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Quick Reply: Why do Fountains ride so good...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.