Hardy Dam hot boat weekend

Notices

Hardy Dam hot boat weekend

Old 08-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Hardy Dam hot boat weekend

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
I stick to beer! Hope to see ya up there!
Sounds good! I'll bring the Vodka. What color is your Check?
Old 08-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go.
You staying at Brower? How about a pic of that Pantera?
Attached Thumbnails Hardy Dam hot boat weekend-100_1680%5B1%5D-2-.jpg  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Here you go.
You staying at Brower? How about a pic of that Pantera?
Not as of now. Proabably driving back. Are there still sites left at Brower? Here's the Pantera.
Attached Thumbnails Hardy Dam hot boat weekend-side.jpg  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noboat
Not as of now. Proabably driving back. Are there still sites left at Brower? Here's the Pantera.

Nice boat, that boat came from Chicago right. Should be plenty of sites at Brower on Friday. I always go early to get a nice spot and to enjoy the lake more.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by baronmarine
the 2 ez places are oxbow exit 125 or brower park exit 131 off us 131 north.both have lots of room. we use a out of the way ramp near oxbow. a little small for turning around but never any traffic.
smitty: long time no see. you should bring donna and ian with you. see you there. will bill be there with the checkmate?
noboat: you better be there so we can finally meet.
todd
Thanks for the info. Look for us in an all white american offshore 31 would love to meet some of you guys! For those who are arriving sat what time are you guys launching?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AO31
Thanks for the info. Look for us in an all white american offshore 31 would love to meet some of you guys! For those who are arriving sat what time are you guys launching?
can't wait to see your cat. don't see too many american 31's around. i hope to be in the water by 10:30 no later then 11:00 on saturday.looking forward to meeting scott (blackhawk) and magicmedicine. and seeing ks keith again. wettevette and his crew should chime in anytime. we will be in a 38 top gun. white with blue, teal, yellow and orange stripes. here is a pic.
todd
Attached Thumbnails Hardy Dam hot boat weekend-cig8.jpg   Hardy Dam hot boat weekend-cig7.jpg  

Last edited by baronmarine; 08-23-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Very nice with the rig to match! I'm driving into Montague fri night and hope to get an early start sat if we don't get too thirsty upon arrival fri night.
See ya there Keith
Old 08-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I will be there.
A few years back there was a Black Thunder there.
Just watch it that you stay to the high side where the river widens out.
This year most of the stumps are marked.
About 1/2 mile up from the dam there is a sand bar that sticks out about 600 ft on the west side. 100 to 2 ft deep in less than 75 ft.

BROWER is the best ramp on the river.
17 miles of river to run.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINIII
Do You Think It Is Possible To Launch A 47 Fountain At Either Place?
YES....I know for sure that you can launch at Brower Park (exit #131). A few years ago there was a tripple engine 47' Fountain that launched at Brower...dock may be kinda short for your 47', BUT it gets deep quickly---also, plenty of people around at the Brower launch to help give a hand.

Maybe this will help get some of you guys wired up about coming to Hardy Dam for the Hot Boat Weekend....

Brower Park is a very nice cozy spot for sure and the launch ramp is located at the end of kind of a cool little cove area surrounded by campsites and pine trees where you can actually beach your boat if you want. It's a nice little gathering point with lots of people, boats/hardware and a good place to hang out, take a break, socialize, and grill some burgers. Even if you have to wait in line to launch is kinda fun----seems like there is always someone there who will recognize you or your boat in the line up that comes over and chats---there is always something going on to keep your interest. I always see a lot of OSO/boaters there that I haven't seen all year.

When pulling into the park see hundfreds of tall pine trees lining along a nice wide winding dirt road that leads to the ramp. You can feel the excitement in the air before you can even see the water----especially as you can hear the other boats roaring down the river and taking off from the launch area.

Heck, seems like every year when I show up there are several people just sitting in lawn chairs as an audiance near the launching ramp just to watch all the hardware being launched and engines fired up---and that's as early as 9:30-10am !!!

By the way, last year I happened to see a 39' Velocity, 40' Hustler, and what looked like either a 43' or 46' Black Thunder...so, that should tell you what size of boats show up at Hardy Dam Every year it seems like more and more performance boats show up at Hardy for Hot Boat Weekend---and last year was the busiest I have ever seen it there.

Also, I know of several people who plan on being there, Mr. Gadgets, JimV, Wette Vette, and maybe a few more 32' A/T's like mine for starters. You'll see cats, deep-V's, pickle forks, flat bottom drags and kinds of hardware there from mild to wild. I plan on being there Saturday morning and usually try to arrive at about 9-30am before the line gets too long.

See ya'll there!

Last edited by KAAMA; 08-24-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

tinkerer: hi neighbor. are you going to be on your boat this year?
kamma: i plain on having more fun this year then you.and burning more fuel. ha ha
todd

Quick Reply: Hardy Dam hot boat weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.