Notices

Waterbombs

Old 02-06-2002, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Waterbombs

Last Year I saw a guy he had a machine tothrow water filled ballons up to 75 meters(240ft). I tried to find a thing like that in Germany but I can't. Maybe some of the boardmembers will know where to get this . A webadress would be helpful.
Thank you
Old 02-06-2002, 07:18 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Northern Hydrolics carries sling shot type water ballon shooters it takes two people to use it hope this helps
vagrant

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: vagrant ]

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 02-06-2002, 07:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Overton's and few other boating accessory places sell the giant sligshots.
The Solar Bears hockey team used one to launch T-shirts into the crowd. They could almost reach the back row of the upper level with it.

Couldn't find it in Overton's but I did find them at

www.waterballoonlaunchers.com

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: Iggy ]
Old 02-06-2002, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a water ballon slingshot, you can launch a small ballon about 100-140 yards pending conditions, but it takes 3 people. Now put an egg,potato, or golf ball watch out. I also built a propane injection Potato cannon, goes about same distance but makes fire and huge bang

WILL
Old 02-06-2002, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

The information available on this board never ceases to amaze me.
I got one, the three man, and this post just reminded me I have to get another.

Funny/Demented story; At a party last summer this guy was shooting them at his wife and there friends. At a distance, the volocity can sting a bunch on impact. Well she got so pissed after being hit she made him put a motorcycle helmet on and hold the launcher in his own hands. Actually the helmet was the idea of concerned party goers not actually hers. Anyho she blasted him in the head at piont blank sooo hard he almost came off his feet. These people were definatly Darwin Award canidates if others didnt insist on the helmet. I was laughing my a$$ off.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by 27Fountain:
<STRONG>I have a water ballon slingshot, you can launch a small ballon about 100-140 yards pending conditions, but it takes 3 people. Now put an egg,potato, or golf ball watch out. I also built a propane injection Potato cannon, goes about same distance but makes fire and huge bang

WILL</STRONG>

Sounds Cool, 27Fountain!
I just finished one not too long ago, using brass pipe, compressed natural gas, fuel injectors from a forklift propane engine, splitfire spark plugs using a rapid fire high-performance barbecue starter. BANG!!! This sonva***** will send a potato through 1/2" plywood and I've estimated the muzzle velocity of the potatoes to be between 400-450mph!!! Check these guys out:
http://www.spudtech.com/
Old 02-06-2002, 10:06 AM

Nick,

Yea my Spud gun the chamber is 4"diameter X 17 " w/ a Y valve for propane connection and shut off valve ( don't want the whole tank blowing up) going into a funnel shaped reducer to 2" and 40" barrell. It actually is stronger than I expected, at close range 50' or less it can really F%#? stuff up. Onions and apples shoot great also, (sometime I run out of Potatos)

WILL
Old 02-06-2002, 10:28 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Wimps. Get serious:
Pumpkin - 3,911 feet!

..or get REALLY serious (maybe too much so...):
Flying cow - 3960 feet!

Don't click on these links if your boss is around. He'll come by to find out why you're laughing hysterically. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I was younger and had more balls than brains, two of my buddies and I took a really long piece of surgical tubing and tied it between two trees, about 12 feet apart.
We were launching anything we could get our hands on. Apples, oranges, tomatoes you name it. Those things flew for blocks. It was tough to aim for much more that a few degrees left and right. We would vary the draw back to change trajectory. The next morning we found that we broke a windshield and a window on someones house and some other minor damage.
Man, was it fun! And were we drunk!!
Old 02-06-2002, 12:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I got one ,its great up to 150 yards,I paid $30.00 for it,I love it
MIKE

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: mike merola ]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.