Notices

Oil Changes Made Easy

Old 08-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oil Changes Made Easy

I have seen those type of pumps at Walmart with male connections on each end. Just have to get the hoses and fittings to adapt.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FINMAN
I have seen those type of pumps at Walmart with male connections on each end. Just have to get the hoses and fittings to adapt.
Finman- Somewhat true but those have impellers that are generally only rated for water & will disintergrate after one oil exposure.

Vagrant- If your engines have oil pan type drain hoses installed, OEM or aftermarket we can adapt to them, just let me know what your needs are.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I've tried the ones @ Walmart and Home Depot and the impellers didn't last, they too, burned up! The 12 VDC pump/bucket set-up I bought from West marine was more $$ ~149.00 after rebate is really working well for me. Plus, I just put the pump in reverse, (Switch in opposite direction) and I pump out into my 5 gallon oil waste bucket sitting on the dock, the one I use for the oil changes on the Powerstroke and the Jag.
Good luck, I personally haven't had any good luck with the drill driven impeller pumps.
Dean
Old 08-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried it the inpeller detached from the bit & would just spin

did not work for me
Old 08-24-2006, 12:44 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replace the drill powered impeller with this pump from harbour freight http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=9576 and then you have something. I bought mine on sale for $19.

I have only done two changes so far, but it works well. 12v power. Anything is better than the drill powered impellers IMO
Old 08-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Registered

For the record this isn't a Walmart pump that one might use to empty their water heater or aquarium it's a Flo-Tec pump designed specifically for use w/ petroleum based products & it includes a 90 day warranty.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
For the record this isn't a Walmart pump that one might use to empty their water heater or aquarium it's a Flo-Tec pump designed specifically for use w/ petroleum based products & it includes a 90 day warranty.
Excellent idea putting this together so people have something easy to choose!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

Panther,

Appreciate the kudos. Obviously many of us have found a way to change our oil that works best for our individual application I'm just sharing mine w/ the hopes some others may benefit. I realize OSO is primarily performance boaters but for the few that aren't & want to save a few $$ servicing their own equipment I've provided an extremely simple relatively inexpensive option including detailed instructions and a warranty.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Michael. The pump works flawlessly. It is a very nice setup and has all the components that I needed for the Ilmor oil change. Very nice package
Old 09-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Listen, The last thing we need is an easier way to do oil changes!!!!

Quick Reply: Oil Changes Made Easy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.