We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on >

We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

Notices

We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

Old 08-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

Very, very sad.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:19 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

Rip.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having lost my mother to colon cancer, I can completely relate. Scotty's family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers!

God bless!
Cat
Old 08-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIP Scott.........way too young.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Re: We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

so sad to hear this...God Bless, Scott...RIP.

Marty
Old 08-28-2006, 10:00 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DaveP
I am sad to report that our dear friend and NJPPC member Scott Applegate has passed away. Scott passed away last night at University of Penn Hospital after a six month battle with colon cancer.

Yesterday morning Tim Sharkey, Rolf Papke, Crazy Charlie Amorosi and myself made a trip to see Scott yesterday morning to see Scott and to more or less say goodbye as we knew that his time left on this earth was being counted in hours, not weeks or days.

I am very thankful that Scott is in a better place now no matter how selfishly we wanted him to remain with us for many years to come.

Those of us who were fortunate enough to know Scott, will remember him for his great passion for performance boating , but his even greater passion for helping those in need. His heart was as big as the sky and he was always there upfront and first whenever donations or help were needed. He was always happy to provide money or services - whatever necessary to solve the issue.

His JUS TRUCKIN race team competed successfully on the SBI race circuit and later on he became an avid poker runner and supported any and all of the NJPPC events. You could always count on Scotty to be out front and winging in his 42 Outerlimits. Scott had an infectious personality and a wry kind of chuckle which endeared him to his fellow boaters.

We were blessed to have Scott join us for what was his last ride in his 42 Outerlimits JusTruckin. Scott called me from the hospital back in June and asked if I had anymore room in the Atlantic City Poker Run? I asked him if he was serious and he said he spoke with his wife and doctors and everyone gave him the green light to attend. Scott came to the Atlantic City Poker Run, ran in his boat and even stayed overnight. A few of us knew that it would probably be his last boat ride and poker run but we were grasping on to ever piece and shred of hope that he would win his battle and come back to play another day.

Scotty as sick as he was tried to pay me for the Atlantic City Poker Run a dozen times that day. I told him there was no way I was taking his money and that he should spend the money on his two young kids. After arguing we settled on one Jack Daniels and Coke and we were even. He started to cry and I put my arm around him and told him that he was surrounded by people who loved him and just enjoy the day.

That day was also a special day for Tim. Scott always busted our chops that Tim was going to ride with him in a poker run and we always made 100 excuses as to why he couldn’t. (truth be told Scott almost always had a full boat but we always busted chops).

The day that Scotty called me from the hospital, he asked if Tim Sharkey had a ride? I had Tim riding with me that day but I told him “No” and Scotty said “he does now!”

Scotty was just a guy who had a big heart and always wanted to do good things for everyone. He made good on that a million times. Scott was the first one 2 years ago that called me on Christmas Eve and when he heard that a soldier’s family I had met while I played “Santa Claus’ needed a car because their old one was hauled away for scrap. He called and told me that he was sending me $2,000 toward the purchase of a used truck for the family.

Scotty was also the guy whose big ass always sat in 1st class on the way to poker runs but would always send Jack N Cokes to the lowly coach class passengers in the back.

Scotty, we love you buddy and we are proud and honored to have known you. We also thank you for the gift of your presence that you gave us by joining us at this year’s Atlantic City Poker Run.

His untimely passing has left a huge void in our boating community. We will miss his quick witty retorts and his hearty greetings. Most of all we will miss his love of boating and compassion for people. He has enriched all our lives and he will not be forgotten.

We will always remember the fun times and the laughs that we had together and we will make sure that your young children will always be reminded of the great person that their dad was.

God Speed Scotty!

Dave Patnaude & Charlie Amorosi
NJ Performance Powerboat Club

The Racer's Prayer

Lord, I pray as I race today,
Keep me safe along the way.
Not only me, but the others too,
As they perform the jobs they do.

I know God, that in every race,
I, the driver must set the pace.
Let not my desire for more speed,
Warp my judgement and turn into greed.

From green to checkered, guide me through.
Giving me strength to know what to do.
Remind me often in the race of life,
How to cope with all the strife.

Help me accept the wins I may receive,
And all the defeats, most graciously.
Ride with me, don't allow me to lag,
Guide me all the way to the checkered flag.
- unknown author

Best wishes to the family and loved ones. We are sorry for your loss.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Here is a shot of our boat when Scott sponsored us in Deerfield Beach at the national Championships in 2004 we placed second.
Attached Thumbnails We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on-s111applegate.jpg  
Old 08-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Very Sad............RIP
Old 08-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Steve_H

Rip

Old 08-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Registered

extremely upsetting........RIP

Quick Reply: We have lost one of our own - Scott Applegate "Outer42" has passed on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.