Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Vision Marine Returns To Shootout With S2 Power Boats Cat To Break Its Electric Boat >

Vision Marine Returns To Shootout With S2 Power Boats Cat To Break Its Electric Boat

Notices

Vision Marine Returns To Shootout With S2 Power Boats Cat To Break Its Electric Boat

Old 08-24-2023, 11:43 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts
Default Vision Marine Returns To Shootout With S2 Power Boats Cat To Break Its Electric Boat

Powered by electric outboard engines from Vision Marine Technologies Inc., the first 32-foot catamaran from S2 Power Boats has the potential to break the electric speed record during this weekend's Lake of the Ozarks Shootout in Central Missouri.

https://www.speedonthewater.com/visi...ic-boat-record
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (08-24-2023)
Old 08-24-2023, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts

Fast but bet it wont go far.
Old 08-24-2023, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by outta control
Fast but bet it wont go far.

Maybe but normally people ask me how fast my boat is, not how far it will go.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wildman_grafix:
Plowtownmissile (08-25-2023), Sydwayz (08-25-2023)
Old 08-24-2023, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Maybe but normally people ask me how fast my boat is, not how far it will go.
Yeah cause you're not stopping every 20-30 miles for fuel. Bet if you stopped every 20 miles for a 4 hour charge that would change things. The boats the company sells gets 60 miles at 5 mph. At 100mph bet that boat has a 7-8 mile range.

Old 08-25-2023, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by outta control
Yeah cause you're not stopping every 20-30 miles for fuel. Bet if you stopped every 20 miles for a 4 hour charge that would change things. The boats the company sells gets 60 miles at 5 mph. At 100mph bet that boat has a 7-8 mile range.
I understand but everything starts somewhere. I mean how far and how long do you think a boat like American Ethanol could run before needing fuel or needing the engines worked on?

That said I think for boats electric for now really only works for larger cruisers that have alternate power supplies either to charge batteries or power the boat.

There is/was a company out of Australia that the electric motor was part of the bellhousing, on a diesel motor.

When the motor was running it was charging, or you could run of the batteries/ solar /wind power or both. Kind of cool but still a 13 knot ride.