Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Question for Kilo Kat... or other race officandos. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139142-question-kilo-kat-other-race-officandos.html)

SinkorSwim 08-29-2006 12:15 PM

Question for Kilo Kat... or other race officandos.

Just curious if or can the turbine boat participate in the races at Destin..

Also thanks for the great show at the Shoot Out.. :drink:

Maximus 08-29-2006 12:32 PM

Re: Question for Kilo Kat... or other race officandos.

Dave Callan and John Cosker are considering entering the LongLight boat in the OSS Vegas and Destin Races. We'd love to have them.

AMF will be fielding the New Turbine Marine MTI for both Vegas and Destin.

Marc

SinkorSwim 08-29-2006 01:34 PM

That would be great.....!!!

We are talking about making a long weekend out of it... Be nice to get out of the cold here in STL second week in Nov... :p

LostinBoston 08-29-2006 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus
Dave Callan and John Cosker are considering entering the LongLight boat in the OSS Vegas and Destin Races. We'd love to have them.

AMF will be fielding the New Turbine Marine MTI for both Vegas and Destin.

Marc

Now THAT, would be awesome.

KiloKat 08-29-2006 05:30 PM

The turbine boat is literally brand new. Due to manufacturing delays, it never saw water until Friday afternoon. Wanted to at least have it at the Shootout for exhibition. Don't plan on racing this boat. Plan on racing the piston powered Extreme boat. The turbine boat was built for sponsor appearances/exhibition, the Shootout and official kilo runs. Look forward to spending a lot of test time in it over the next few month's now that it's finally at my marina. :drink:

Quinlan 08-29-2006 05:34 PM

Great show Dave!! As always. 155 mph starting at half track. Cant wait till you get her dialed in.

KiloKat 08-29-2006 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw
Great show Dave!! As always. 155 mph starting at half track. Cant wait till you get her dialed in.

Thanks! Yeah - I'm very confident that the boat will be everything that it was designed to be. We waited until half track so it would be obvious (roostertail) to everyone at the Shootout what we were doing. Just need more time to get the setup dialed in before letting this thing go. :drink:

buck183 08-29-2006 06:09 PM

That has got to be real tough to hold back. Look at the entire scenerio. Home waters, all the competition with their eyes on you, all that power at your fingertips. I can't imagine the restraint you had to show.

Bottom line....safety first.

Buck

fobes 08-29-2006 06:51 PM

I saw the turbine boat at the Miami Boat Show '06 and it is AWESOME. I have met Dave Scott a couple of times and he is a real gentleman, as is JT, best of luck to the Bud Team!
Matt

dykstra 08-29-2006 07:04 PM

Great job Dave, very exciting to watch! :drink: