Lake Cumberland, Who's going! >

Lake Cumberland, Who's going!

Notices

Lake Cumberland, Who's going!

Old 09-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Cumberland, Who's going!

Although what happened is certainly a tragedy of the greatest magnitude, I think some comfort should be taken from the thoughts mentioned in an earlier post on the other thread. None of us know how we will go, or when, and if given the choice..most I think would prefer to go out doing something they love. I only met Bruce and Myra once, and it was at Lake Cumberland last year. Very nice people who loved the sport but also recognized the danger that is out there. One of my friends that was with me at Cumberland last year recalled a conversation that he had had with them concerning the risks involved, and how they prefer to only run the runs alone in their boat in case anything ever happened. Like I said, what happened is a tragedy, but it is also an accident. Gino, please keep in mind what the majority of OSO'ers asked of you earlier in the year when you were having your heart problems. The majority urged you to find a way to keep participating in the sport you seem to love so much. I think you should try to keep that mindset when considering future poker runs. Will we all be a little more leary out there now??? Sure, but that is a good thing. Well I still look forward to meeting you this weekend in Cumberland. Hopefully you will be there and be running strong. Chuck Allen
Old 09-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
Although what happened is certainly a tragedy of the greatest magnitude, I think some comfort should be taken from the thoughts mentioned in an earlier post on the other thread. None of us know how we will go, or when, and if given the choice..most I think would prefer to go out doing something they love. I only met Bruce and Myra once, and it was at Lake Cumberland last year. Very nice people who loved the sport but also recognized the danger that is out there. One of my friends that was with me at Cumberland last year recalled a conversation that he had had with them concerning the risks involved, and how they prefer to only run the runs alone in their boat in case anything ever happened. Like I said, what happened is a tragedy, but it is also an accident. Gino, please keep in mind what the majority of OSO'ers asked of you earlier in the year when you were having your heart problems. The majority urged you to find a way to keep participating in the sport you seem to love so much. I think you should try to keep that mindset when considering future poker runs. Will we all be a little more leary out there now??? Sure, but that is a good thing. Well I still look forward to meeting you this weekend in Cumberland. Hopefully you will be there and be running strong. Chuck Allen
Thank you Chuck. Maybe I will feel different in a few days. I am just sick about this today.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Gino, we have only met once at the cumberland poker, that being said I lost my dad to a boating accident in 92. He was doing what he loved to do, it took a long time for me to get back into boating (8+ yrs). The people in the accident wouldn't want everyone to stop boating and mourn the passing, but celebrate their lives everytime you fire the motors up. My dad is never far from me when I'm behind the wheel of my boat, that is when i feel the closest to him. Look forward to seeing you this year at cumberland, if not take care of yourself, and never give up what you love. Rob Schroeder.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Definately! I would love a ride in your new boat.
I was thinking the same thing about getting a ride in yours.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely worded......
We loved seeing Nashville Catz last year as well and I have many pics of their awesome boat. We will be going this year as spectators but more mindful than ever of the dangers of this wonderful high speed sport that we all love so much.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Registered

There are six Black Thunders coming from Lake of the Ozarks for the poker run. (Black Jack) PS, My prayers go out to Bruce Gibson in his lost of his wife, I've known Bruce and Myra for a long time, and have done alot of Poker Runs with them. They are great people and alot of fun to be around. When it came to running their boats it was all professional and the safety of all other boaters.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Registered

KY Lake crew will be arriving Thursday morning and others on Friday morning.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Registered

I'll be there. First run for the new boat. Is Lexington the best airport?

Joe: It will be good to see the Black Thunder. I love that boat.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a friend of Bruce's, I am still feeling sick . But I think he would want us to carry on, so my crew and I will be there.
I think a large Nashville/MCPA contingent still plans to show.
Steve
Old 09-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Registered

Biggus,

I will be flying in on Friday night. Leaving boat at home and riding wth Paul. Let me know where you are staying.

OD

Quick Reply: Lake Cumberland, Who's going!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.