Notices

The Fountain Beak - Why?

Old 09-02-2006, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default The Fountain Beak - Why?

Can anyone tell me the theory behind the bow design on the Fountain hulls? Try as I might I canīt get over how (for me) it spoils completely the overall look of the hull. Is it supposed to help prevent damage in the event of a stuff?? The only benefit I can see is that it makes it obvious that itīs a fountain and canīt be mistaken for anything else - but to me itīs just ugly......!!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Fountain Beak - Why?

Originally Posted by littlenige
Can anyone tell me the theory behind the bow design on the Fountain hulls? Try as I might I canīt get over how (for me) it spoils completely the overall look of the hull. Is it supposed to help prevent damage in the event of a stuff?? The only benefit I can see is that it makes it obvious that itīs a fountain and canīt be mistaken for anything else - but to me itīs just ugly......!!

This will be like an Apache thread

Here is my summation of the responses you will get:

Fountain guys
It makes the boat noticeable and stand out in a crowd. People recognize fountain because of this

Non-Fountain guys

Reggie added the beak and integrated swim platform so he could advertise a boat as being 3' longer than it actually is

I once had a fountain owner tell me the engine compartments open to the sides so you could work on the engines during a race....my response "sure, I have swapped carbs at 90 MPH many times"

Last edited by clearcut3; 09-02-2006 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the beak is the result of peniz envy, the mich light boat has two large holes in the engine bulkhead so the navigator or throttle man can enter the engine compartment while under way without having to open the engine hatches, keep in mind the old school boats were raced in the old days when the men were men and the sheep knew it
Old 09-02-2006, 07:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The beak makes it easier to insert.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:20 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

it provides lift.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
it provides lift.
???????????????????????????????????????
Old 09-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it started out as way to be a little different. Which in my opinion is a good thing. That's why I have a Super Hawaii, to be a little different. Now there are so many Fountains, it is no longer different. But you can always tell when it is a Fountain.
What I don't understand is why there is such a love/hate relationship to peoples opinions of Fountains. I feel they are great boats for a decent price. Leave it at that. Why on earth do some people feel the need to bash other peoples boats?
Get your boat out on the water, line up with a Fountain , and race. Then do it in rough water. see who is faster. A lot will depend on the driver!!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
I think it started out as way to be a little different. Which in my opinion is a good thing. What I don't understand is why there is such a love/hate relationship to peoples opinions of Fountains. I feel they are great boats for a decent price. Leave it at that. Why on earth do some people feel the need to bash other peoples boats?
Get your boat out on the water, line up with a Fountain , and race. Then do it in rough water. see who is faster. A lot will depend on the driver!!!!
I agree...I like all the offshore boats. I wouldn't buy a Fountain but glad they're around.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fountain hull was originally an Excalibur hull.He added the beak to make it his own.

Last edited by JCPERF; 09-03-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered

So it would'nt look like an excalibur.

Quick Reply: The Fountain Beak - Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.