Notices

lake texoma accident !!!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: lake texoma accident !!!

This may have already been posted. I set up an account yesterday for those who would like to make donations in lieu of flowers. If you would like to donate, please send checks to:

The Myra Gibson Memorial Fund
Attn: Shawn Glover AVP

c/o Bank of the South
551 N Mt. Juliet Rd
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
Old 09-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I want to clarify that funds donated to this account will be used at the descretion of Bruce Gibson upon recovery. These funds are held in the name of Bank of the South and no one will have acess to these monies. These funds can be designated to charites, college funds, etc. that Mr. Gibson chooses to designate. If you have any questions, please contact Shawn Glover at Bank of the South at (615) 773-5600. I list of donations by name and amount contributed will be given to Mr. Gibson upon recovery.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

I am so sorry to hear of this terrible loss and tragedy. I hope the families can find some measure of comfort in the outpouring from the OSO community. My heart goes out to you.
Bob
Old 09-06-2006, 06:38 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

God Bless....
Old 09-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Registered

Unbelievable tragedy. I have thought about this for days and can only offer my heartfelt condolences to the families, friends and the boating communities that this has affected. I am sure that this will be a wake up call to anyone that does not respect the power of any mechanical creation that we tend to enjoy. Remember to put life itself as a priority and control any risk environment with your total commitment.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Registered

Wow, I was out of touch in the UP and heard this from a friend, I was involved in the crash at SMOKE last season and it makes me sick to see this happen, and on a much larger scale. My prayers go out to those touched by this, including the OSO family. On a side note....almost 500 posts, over 76,000 views, I am sure those who passed are looking down and smiling at the out pour of well wishes, prayers, and efforts to help those who were left behind. You always wonder if you would be missed when you leave this earth for a better place, I could only hope that 1/10th of the number of people on this one site will remember me. I sure wish I could do more than give condolences and monetary relief....if I could just turn back time. I am not pleased with the tools who have made this a chance to spout untruths and rummors, we know better than this, we have seen this too many times to fall into that trap. It looks like newbies with agendas and no moral fiber so they can just take their miserable life somewhere else, the seasoned OSOers know better and deserve credit for weeding these people out and reminding them this is no time or place to place blame, guess on the cause or do anything more than offer those involved all the help that we can give and let them know we are all in this together. All I can say is I was lucky enough to meet Bruce and Myra at SMOKE this year, they had a mechanical problem that kept them out or the event but worked tirelessly to give to the kids there. May they rest in peace.

Last edited by MitchStellin; 09-06-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

My deepest condolences to all the families and friends that have been affected by this tragedy.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Registered

mitch verry well said .
Old 09-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Registered

Condolences to all affected...
Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Registered

I'm coming in on this really late it seems. I was in Louisiana for the past week dealing with my own personal heartache, I found out about this today as I was driving across TX from a friend. All of the sudden my own problems seem very, very small. Get well soon Bruce, were all pulling for you.

Ken

Quick Reply: lake texoma accident !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.