Moving to Deland, need apt/house >

Moving to Deland, need apt/house

Notices

Moving to Deland, need apt/house

Old 08-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moving to Deland, need apt/house

Im taking a job in Deland for a year and am lookign for a place to live. Ive tried roomates.com, apartments.com, rentalhomesplus.com, and craigslist and I can't find what im looking for. I need a garage for my motorcycles and preferaqbly waterfront where I can launch my rowing skiff. Somewhere around New Symrna or lake monroe where I could keep the nor-tech, would be great too. I might stay at the tropical resort and marina http://www.tropicalresortandmarina.com/ for a month while I'm searching. Moving down on monday.
Thanks
-Rick
Old 08-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Moving to Deland, need apt/house

1........2...........3..................cuda :d
Old 08-31-2006, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might look in the Sanford/Deltona/Debary area, both are right on Lake Monroe and convienient to boat storage and 15 minutes from Deland. Just a thought.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Between Deland and Deltona, I found over 4000 rental homes on www.realtor.com , check it out.

I lived in Deltona for 4 years, I would recommend it over Deland. Both are nice and unique in their own ways, I would say Deltona is a bit more modern, Deland is a bit on the more laid-back side. Lake Monroe is nearby in Sanford, and is worth checking out.

If you want to be on the coast, I would take Smyrna over Daytona any day. Daytona is nice to visit, but not to live there. Smyrna has a nice feel to it.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm in Port Orange(between Daytona and New Smyrna Beach) but I've only been here for 1 month myself. I have made a few contacts in the real estate industry so if I can help in any way let me know.

Mike
Old 08-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

LB,
Congrats on the Job and the move. I know we'll be seeing alot of each other. The project is going to be very COOL! JC told me a little bit about it.
Too bad you aren't here for this Sunday, (9/3/06), we are having our 4th annual TIKI bar party, JC and his clan will be here as well as Dan Hoover, (Callan Crew Chief) and Arman, (Mystic Powerboats lead laminator)! Look forward to meeting you. Also, our rental is going to be empty starting 9/12/06, but the commute to Mystic would be ~ 55 miles one way!
BTW, the seadoo got here Monday night!
Again, congrats on the new Job! You will really like it there, @ Mystic!
Dean
Old 08-31-2006, 08:03 AM
Banned

I'd have to disagree with Cig Daze on this. I call Deltona the world's largest neighborhood. You can get off the interstate right in Deltona, and still have a hour drive to your house. When we first moved here, I was driving through Deltona, and I swear, I didn't think I was ever going to get out of there. Nothing but a huge neighborhood, no main streets, no stores to ask directions, etc. I finally saw some guy walking his dog, and asked him how to get out. I thought I was going to run out of fuel. They do have a nice up to date McDonald's on Elkham and Howland Ave. We just finished remodeling it Monday.

There isn't that much waterfront on the St John's. I couldn't open your link, but I think that place is on Lake Beresford, which is part of the river. Nice place, a guy I know lives there on the weekends. I launched my 22 Donzi once there, but the river was real low, and I dinged my prop before I got five feet from the dock.
Attached Thumbnails Moving to Deland, need apt/house-3-10-001.jpg   Moving to Deland, need apt/house-3-10-002.jpg   Moving to Deland, need apt/house-3-10-004.jpg  

Last edited by cuda; 08-31-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:09 AM
Banned

Going to work at Mystic? Cool. They just moved their shop.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a furnished condo in Ponce Inlet - Harbor Village. On the water with slip. $ 2000.00 monthly. Very Nice place.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well, you're right about that, Cuda. It's not called land of spaghetti streets for nothing. It is one big neighborhood, but a nice one.

Quick Reply: Moving to Deland, need apt/house

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.