THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD >

THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD

Notices

THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD

Old 01-22-2002, 10:50 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luke - I have contacted them twice with no response either time.

Bill-I have not yet seen the boat trader ad. I do know that the hour meter was showing 470 hours on it when I sold the boat. I also know that I bought the boat with 470 hours on it, so something is wrong with the meter. The hull DOES NOT HAVE 400 hours on it. It's possible that it is exceeding 500, but the meter is defenitly showing 470.

The trailer was not FULLY refurbished last year. Last year I rebuilt the suspension and put new brakes on. Nothing was done with the coupler or it's hydraulics. The trailer is also in need of paint and new wood. The closures at the fenders are about ready to fall off. The prior owner also took a massive hit on one of the cross members bending it back a good 3-4". That cross member is very hard to see-took me a good year before I noticed it. But people are amazed when they see it. The hit must of hurt.

BTW-the hull length is 23' add the bolt on glass swim platform and you have 24'-4". I'd call it a 24', definetly not a 25'.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Skater,
Cord could tell the story best. But to summ it up the boat started sinking on lake Mich last spring. We were on a OSO fun run with some members of the board. Some quick calls to the Coast Guard and Cord listening to us yell at him to beach it saved the day (could of been a tragedy and total loss sinking in 50 degree deep water) Cord kept his cool and the salvage went flawless. Actually it ended up with some humor (ever see a sinking boat towed at 30+mph?) When they pulled it out and put it on a trailer the water kept gushing out of this huge crack. As for why it happened I'm not sure (mabey Cord could shed some light)
This guy must be stopped he is trying to profit off of one of our OSO friends
And what about the poor guy that buys this GREAT DEAL He mat not be so lucky Scott
Old 01-22-2002, 11:08 AM
Registered

here's the boattrader ad
does this guy think wwe just fell off the turnip truck or what http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/3/1793573.htm

Mattyboy
Old 01-22-2002, 11:09 AM
Registered

Cord,
The post above was cut from the Boattrader ad. I added the stuff in bold. I don't mean to dog your boat, it looks great and appears to be well maintained. I just think it would be great to put an ad for the same boat with it's true condition out there that would show up if anyone did a search that would return this listing. The prospective buyer would see 2 listings for a 1988 Concord out there and would most certainly read both.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:11 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 946 Likes on 475 Posts
Unhappy

well lucky for us that we all know about this perticular boat!! What about all the other boats out there that will go bought without knowing all the deatils!!! Just goes to show ya how crooked some people can be! I hope for who ever considers this that a surveyor would be able to see/find the damage this guy repaired and they can run away as fast as they can from it!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-22-2002, 11:20 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
somthing else we might want do is keep an eye out for this boat on other forums (screamandfly.com, hotboat.com, whatever.com) and keep people informed of this elswhere. man i can not stand when people like this try to get away scams like that. hearsay. . . hearsay!!! . . . whos got a bat handy man this pisses me off.you cannot just buy a damaged boat and fix it superficially, this guy is putting the lives of others at risk. cord gave me the whole story the other day. hopefully we can sink this guys plans of turn'n a quick buck.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: glassdave ]

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: glassdave ]
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-22-2002, 11:28 AM
Banned

Sounds like out and out fraud to me!
Old 01-22-2002, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a shame that some poor person out there is going to get stuck with a defective boat. At this price it will probably be someone looking for their first boat and will not have the money or knowledge to get it checked out. From the pictures it looks like a very nice boat. This person must be a real jerk to be so deceptive in his ad and you know that he's not going to tell the perspective buyer what is really wrong and the history behind it.
Cordell
Old 01-22-2002, 11:47 AM
Registered

Hey Guys, I visit Scream and Fly often, (only because they deal outboards) I will post something over there about this boat.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Registered

hey cord.... I v'e got the bat, you bring the truck and waterfoul, we'll go get that bastard That ad is totally false, its unbelieveable what people do these days.. I do feel sorry for the poor guy buying it..

Quick Reply: THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.