THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD >

THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD

Notices

THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD

Old 01-22-2002, 06:05 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's right. I did say that he could sell it for $14k. Hell alot of people would pay that much for the boat just off the pictures. But I was figuring on somebody who knew glass work, who devalued their time in exchange for a challanging project.

I would really like to hear from somebody who's a pro at repairing these things. I was told a month + and $14,000 for the hull repairs alone. I fear that he shot the crack full of foam or epoxy, filled and smoothed it and then painted the area. That's the only way you could repair it in 2 weeks. Personally, I could not buy enough liability insurance to cover my guilt of selling a piece of crap like that to somebody.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:09 PM
Registered

This would be a good one for the BAT!!!
Old 01-22-2002, 07:55 PM
GRH

I E mailed the man an inquiry... the following was his response....

There never was a hole, only a 7 inch crack. Has been repaired. Nothing
wrong with the boat.

That a direct quote!!!!

Old 01-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

There is probably nothing that can be done about what this dirtbag has done, just a lesson to be learned. "Buyer Beware!"

BTW, I pulled Cord and his sinking boat into shallow water on the "Fun Run" last June, and I saw the water (lots of water) running out of that "7 inch crack" after it was towed to the marina by the CG and put on a trailer. I hope the new owner always wears a PFD.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:13 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Here is the response from Boat Trader online:

In response:
Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with this concern. Although we regret your frustration, our website only provides a forum to bring together sellers and prospective buyers. We do have confidence that the majority of ads that are placed online are true and that the seller's information is correct. If it is not correct, it is the responsibility of the seller to have the information corrected. We apologize for any frustration. Your business is very important to us.
Thank you for choosing Traderonline.com

Now if you happen to dissagree with Boat Traders position, perhaps you would like to send them an e-mail stating your thoughts. Here is the person that replied to me...

[email protected]
Old 01-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Here is my reply:

Mr. Trotman,
I'm afraid that I must disagree with your position. Your company must take a proactive stance against your clients attempting to deceive the buyers. Without your corrective action you run the risk of your website being labled as a location where the seller is able to run rampant with impunity and where the buyer will be unduly exposed to the criminal elements that are in it. This is not just a matter of somebody losing alot of money. I fear that the boat has been improperly repaired and that the seller has every intention of deceiving the buyer. This boat will fail in a dramatic fashion with out any warning. If Boat Trader Online is willing to accept responsiblity for its apathy then Boat Trader must accept the consequences. I know that I'm able to sleep at night with a clear consince knowing that I have done everthing in my power to stop him. Can you?

Sincerly,
Tim Einwalter
Old 01-22-2002, 09:41 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cord sounds kind of like Form Letter 32 to me!!! I guess since the seller is their customer they do not care about the responsibility to the buyer!!! Nickslick I am sure that the guy told you what ever he told you, but First off if there is a 7"+ visual hole, you can be assured that it will be MUCH larger in real life. You have to grind that back a LONG way to fix it properly. If it is 1/4" deep you will have to go back no less then a 12" taper, this will mean that the repair area would be about 30" long and 24" wide. You think he did all that work properly in a couple of weeks? It took them almost a month to do the transome on my boat, and that would have been much easier to fix then this thing.

Jon
Old 01-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
hey cord a repair like that MUST be done from the inside as well as the outside.ask him if you get the chance if he repaired from both sides.sounds like this guy just did it from the outside.if anyone says any different about this type of damage they are just plain wrong.sounde like the guy that gave you the original estimate was right on and knew what he was talking about.im asuming the estimate included floor work.i have repaired holes you could climb through (literally) and this is a highly technical repair.any time you deal with the planing surface a great deal of care and time has to be taken to ,in my opinion, over repair the area. you cant be to careful when you are dealing with the safety of others.thats why it is so expensive.by the way, cord, good reply to traderonline.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-22-2002, 09:52 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I've sent this idiot an email also (Cord and I have been talking about it for some time now). He told me it's light, and does go 76. Bull****. I was there when it sank. I was the FIRST person to see the bottom of the hull. The FIRST PERSON!!!! Even before Cord!!!!! I'm appalled that someone would actually try to decieve someone like this. Time for another email.

Oh, and the hole in question was at LEAST 12" in length. 7" my ass!!!! And I could see the core. Trust me, it was VERY WET!!!!!!! And (sorry Cord), looked like it had been for a while. Balsa is light brown, almost white. This was a pretty good dark brown color from what I saw.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Waterfoul ]
Old 01-22-2002, 10:04 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
hey audio thats a pretty good assesment.you really hafta open up that glass to do it right.and if that crack is near any chines than it really gets tricky. . . .btw, hope things are going good for you.i'll catch ya online
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Quick Reply: THIS MADE MY ALREADY HURTING EYES JUST ABOUT POP OUT OF MY HEAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.