Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   where can i buy a used 45ft shipping container to ship a boat overseas (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/139925-where-can-i-buy-used-45ft-shipping-container-ship-boat-overseas.html)

ratman 09-08-2006 02:19 AM

where can i buy a used 45ft shipping container to ship a boat overseas

im in the tampa area and would like to buy one and have it delivered to my house. it must be a 45ft unit, which i think are kind of rare used. thx for any info, rm

waterboy222 09-08-2006 02:24 AM

Re: where can i buy a used 45ft shipping container to ship a boat overseas

www.containermarketing.com
www.transoceancontainers.net

either of those sites should have what you're looking for.. 45' isn't really that rare.. but most 45' ers are refridgerated but you can find them bare. Call someone at either of those sites and talk to a rep, they can find you one or at least get you in touch with someone who can deliver one to you.. What about heigth though, what boat are you shipping?

ratman 09-08-2006 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by waterboy222
www.containermarketing.com
www.transoceancontainers.net

either of those sites should have what you're looking for.. 45' isn't really that rare.. but most 45' ers are refridgerated but you can find them bare. Call someone at either of those sites and talk to a rep, they can find you one or at least get you in touch with someone who can deliver one to you.. What about heigth though, what boat are you shipping?

the michelob light boat is moving to costa rica with me next year, i just sold one of my houses and need some storage for my tools and equipment in the interim so i figured id go a head and buy the trailer now. thx for the info i'll contact them today and see what they have. rm

burtandnancy 09-08-2006 10:03 AM

I've been told a boat won't fit, too wide, but check it out yourself. They do make great storage bins. Here on the left coast there are thousands of them piled up in Long Beach/LA Harbor. Seems everything is coming in, nothing going out.

jlmtx83 09-08-2006 11:51 AM

i'm pretty sure most are only 7'8 1/2 inside

ratman 09-08-2006 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by jlmtx83
i'm pretty sure most are only 7'8 1/2 inside

thx, on to plan B :D

Strip Poker 388 09-08-2006 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thats just a myth the do fit :drink:

36spectre 09-08-2006 01:02 PM

the OD is 8 foot....sorry

ratman 09-08-2006 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
thats just a myth the do fit :drink:

thanks a million strip you're a real problem solver...just how do you gt it in there like that? lay the trailer on its side for the loading :evilb:

WARPARTY36 09-08-2006 01:26 PM

I am sure you can find some HARD WORKING :rolleyes: Katrina refugees to help :evilb: Rob probably has plenty in Jackson that he would love to send you :drink: