Notices

hardy dam pic's

Old 09-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: hardy dam pic's

It was good to see some people that I haven't seen in a while and it was nice to meet some new friends at well. Hardy party keeps getting bigger every year, I can't imagine how busy it would have been if the weather would have been nice. Despite the weather it was still a great time.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Todd, I liked your new Gig with the graphics and large print on it. I drove down to the cove once with my boat on Saturday afternoon just to take a peak....lots of boats. I made a few passes and then idled by the cove down by the dam to see all the boats for a couple minutes, but I didn't even attempt to get too close....it was so packed full of boats. I enjoy hanging out and socializing, but I'm not much of a partier.

Smitty and his wife were nice enough to invite a few of us over and grill up some grub at their hooch...they had rented one of the park's cabins and they had a grill going with burgers, mac & cheese, chips, and a nice warm cracklin' fire. It tasted real good after a long day. Wette Vette/Craig he several of his friends, Tony, Devin, and some others were just a couple of cabins down....everyone had a nice warm fire going. It was fun visiting, sitting around and talking with everyone. It ended up being a very nice evening with a clear sky with the moon and stars.....but by dawn on Sunday the gray overcast clouds were ALL back again. Were you staying at Brower Park for the night? Sorry we missed you.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=KAAMA]Todd, I liked your new Gig with the graphics and large print on it. I drove down to the cove once with my boat on Saturday afternoon just to take a peak....lots of boats. I made a few passes and then idled by the cove down by the dam to see all the boats for a couple minutes, but I didn't even attempt to get too close....it was so packed full of boats. I enjoy hanging out and socializing, but I'm not much of a partier.

thankyou mark
we did the same thing. couple of rides up a down the river. and a peck at the cove each time we where in the pond. to packed for me. i like to watch from the out side. i think the boat likes it that way also.
todd
Old 09-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Smitty.. sorry about that.. must be the cold meds... or I just cant see anymore.. This is yours at rest and I think I just missed you in the second one??

Dick
Attached Thumbnails hardy dam pic's-100_2741b.jpg   hardy dam pic's-100_2757b.jpg  
Old 09-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
Smitty.. sorry about that.. This is yours at rest and I think I just missed you in the second one?? Dick
Yeah, ya see Smitty, your boat is too dang fast---even too fast for the shutter speed on the cameras. He can only get a shot of your boat standin' still!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

What no comment Smitty??
Old 09-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
What no comment Smitty??
Too fast,I WISH!! Everything I have done this summer has slowed me down . Screw it,I'm climbing in that fukker with a sawzall tommorrow and going to lighten it up,if you can't sit in it or it doesn't bolt to the motor its COMING OUT . Not really but did you ever feel like that? I'm going to hopefully try Kaama's 5 blade before winter is here and see if it helps,Smitty
Old 09-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know Smitty I have been thinking and I wonder what would happen if you were to put about 80-100 lbs in the bow? I am thinking that the angle of attack is to high and are scrubbing speed with too much bow lift.
This may also be connected to the porpose problem with the Center of Gravity changing further back with the box.
Just some thoughts....Dwight
Old 09-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
Too fast, I WISH!! Everything I have done this summer has slowed me down. Screw it, I'm climbing in that fukker with a sawzall tommorrow and going to lighten it up,if you can't sit in it or it doesn't bolt to the motor its COMING OUT...,Smitty
Too funny Smitty....I about fell outta my chair reading the above!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitey
You know Smitty I have been thinking and I wonder what would happen if you were to put about 80-100 lbs in the bow? I am thinking that the angle of attack is to high and are scrubbing speed with too much bow lift.
This may also be connected to the porpose problem with the Center of Gravity changing further back with the box.
Just some thoughts....Dwight
You may be right,I'm confused anymore,last year when I made my best speed runs I was running light and bow was holding nice and high in the air,not porposing. Any time I have had any serious weght in cabin bow won't air out and boat goes signifigantly slower but maybe something simple is holding me back. Here is a pic of before the box with 80 gallons of gas in boat,2 passengers and heavy cooler towards the back seat,boat ran 89.7 on rev limter w/30 pitch and was smooth,not like that anymore,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails hardy dam pic's-dsc03834.jpg  

Quick Reply: hardy dam pic's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.