Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
anyone in the tampa bay area that has a paint booth big enough to fit a 38 ft boat >

anyone in the tampa bay area that has a paint booth big enough to fit a 38 ft boat

Notices

anyone in the tampa bay area that has a paint booth big enough to fit a 38 ft boat

Old 09-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default anyone in the tampa bay area that has a paint booth big enough to fit a 38 ft boat

as soon as i get my engines installed i am gonna prep the mich light boat for paint need a paint booth for 1 day to shoot the hull, sides, and fore deck with algrip. let me know if you have or know of a place that will rent me a booth or shoot it for me if i bring it prepped and taped, ready to pre clean and shoot. thx, rm
Old 09-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Registered

Default Re: anyone in the tampa bay area that has a paint booth big enough to fit a 38 ft boa

ttt
Old 09-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: anyone in the tampa bay area that has a paint booth big enough to fit a 38 ft boat

I would use Imron.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Registered

Default Re: anyone in the tampa bay area that has a paint booth big enough to fit a 38 ft boa

my father has been using awlgrip on his big boats for years its the shiznit, he ran into a dock when he lost power one time and the boat hammers the dock and climbed up the dock til it ran out of steam, then slid back down the dock. wiped the creasode off with a laquer rag not one scratch in the paint, also imron has a problem of peeling in sheets once the surface gets a chip in it. i ran heavy equipment collision centers few a number of years we used a ton of imron and imron 5000/6000.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: anyone in the tampa bay area that has a paint booth big enough to fit a 38 ft boat

got a 60 x 18 bt its in nj
Old 09-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT
got a 60 x 18 bt its in nj
that helps alot
Old 09-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you thought to maybe speak with one of our local boat builders to borrow/rent some of their booth space for a day or two?
Old 09-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might check with Nick at Performance Plus Marine. I know he painted a few raceboats that size and bigger. I think he moved his shop though, so I don't know if he still has a paint booth that big. He's on this board as "Ultimate Cat".
If not, he might be able to point you in the right direction.
Nick Buis
Old 09-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
that helps alot
Old 09-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i know a guy, whose sisters boyfriends, cousin, knows a guy that could hook you up, but its in alaska....

Quick Reply: anyone in the tampa bay area that has a paint booth big enough to fit a 38 ft boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.