Notices

Michigan boat shows...

Old 01-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Michigan boat shows...

I wonder why the Grand Rapids (Grand Center) boat show is overlapping the Detroit Boat Show? Is the G.R. show worth going to or is it mostly fishing boats and pontoons? Will High Perf Marine have Donzis there? What about the Offshore Upgrades guy some of you talk about, do you suppose he sets up a booth? Was this post nothing but questions? Thanks!
Old 01-22-2002, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I haven't been very impressed with the show the last 5 years but untill last year my bank gave me free tickets (bank one takeover) no more free tickets. Very few true high performance boats.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:29 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Offshore upgrades (Craig) doesn't set up a booth. Not in his budget.

As for performance boats, usually some Baja's, Formula's, PowerQuests, Velocities, Sunsations, ....

But, it's not one of the "big" shows for the manufacturers. Except for PQ, they are just down the road in Holland. BUT, I like the show. I usually see some people I usually only see on the water. Great place to meet up with friends on a Sat. afternoon. I also like to check out the big cruisers too. See how the other half of the powerboating crowd lives!!!! LOL!!!

As for the overlap, blame Detroit on that one I guess.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:32 PM
Registered

I haven't been impressed by the show the last couple of years (last year really sucked) but I continue to go anyway. Like Waterfoul, I usually run into friends at the show and enjoy checking out most of the boats there. I do wish more performance boats were there. Heck, I wish my closest Baja dealer wasn't in Traverse City
Old 01-23-2002, 06:46 AM
Registered

GR show kinda sucks. But I still get to go look at boats. Not many hi-perf boats. More big cabin-cruisers (which I love to look at - nice kitchens in those boats than at my house!) and always a ton of pontoons and fishing boats.