Notices

Rice Lake Poker Run

Old 09-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rice Lake Poker Run

Thanks for a great time. My first time at this Poker Run and it was great, never been on that lake and the planners / boaters were all great to make sure everyone was orginized. This one will be on my annual runs for sure!

Thanks Doug (Pull My Trigger) for the extra oil. Your boat ran and looks great.

Alek, pleasure as always, boat ran awesome.

The river run was amazing. It makes the run by far, lots of tight turns running up a river only a couple hundred feet wide at best. Over thirty boats doing 50mph to ??mph I was amazed, people on the shore chearing, totally awesome. Can't wait til next year.

Jay
Old 09-10-2006, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Rice Lake Poker Run

Hello Jay.
Sounds like you guys had a blast. Talked to Raymond R. today and he said it was a hoot like always. One of these times I will do it but have felt I may have too much boat for that lake and especially the river run.
I passed on Georgian Bay this weekend as well and left the NT at Port Credit where I took in the Jazz Festival. Thought I would have kindova more relaxing pace for a change.
Glad you enjoyed your weekend as well and hope to see you soon.
Bob
Old 09-11-2006, 05:19 AM
cloke

BOB

You would really enjoy RICE LAKE

Its not a long stretch for long runs but the atmosphere is SUPER FRIENDLY and the tone is more low key.Emphasis on comraderie.

And if Davis fits up the river you will its a HOOT BEST PART OF DAY

JAY
Tell him how much fun it is

Old 09-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

We bailed out because of the weather, so was that a bad call? How was the weather?

Mark
Old 09-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MArk, half of the first leg was in light rain, thats it. The sun even appeared later in the day. Water had just a little 1 to 2 foot chop. It was perfect.

Bob, your boat will definately fit on a 17 mile long lake The run is very laid back and always a blast. ]

Jay, glad you enjoyed your first RLPR. I have run it 15 of 17 yrs now and always have a great time.

Alec, I still want a catastrophe ride

Doug, hope you enjoy the "Crappiest Hand Award". Never seen such a bad hand .
Old 09-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Registered

Bob, your boat will be fine, for sure. You have to do it next year what a blast. The whole town gets involved and love it when the boats roll in. Even the "beak boat"

Airpacker, good to see you too, was your head a little foggy on Sunday morn????

Talk to you guys later, FUN FUN FUN weekend.
Great cause too.

Rumor has it Raymond is going to do a fun run? You guys in?

Jay
Old 09-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

Had an AWESOME time yet again.......although I have to admit starting the Run in the rain had me feeling less than warm and fuzzy.......more like cold and wet......but did it even last to the first card stop??

Jay....no probs at all with the oil........glad I could help out.......according to my wife you had the two prettiest girls in the run in your boat (other than her of course!!) and we couldnt see them stranded could we....??!!.......although I coulda' looked after them.....made sure they finished the run and got back to port all nice and safe .......you woulda' had to stay with the boat of course

yeah Shawn I got the crappiest hand award......looks good on me but how was wakin' up in the truck Sun morning after that pizz up of a party??.....little frosty???.......little hung over?? ouch!!

all in all a great run and a great friendly party afterwards......weekend after Labour Day is permanently etched on my calander
Old 09-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Had an AWESOME time yet again.......although I have to admit starting the Run in the rain had me feeling less than warm and fuzzy.......more like cold and wet......but did it even last to the first card stop??

Jay....no probs at all with the oil........glad I could help out.......according to my wife you had the two prettiest girls in the run in your boat (other than her of course!!) and we couldnt see them stranded could we....??!!.......although I coulda' looked after them.....made sure they finished the run and got back to port all nice and safe .......you woulda' had to stay with the boat of course

yeah Shawn I got the crappiest hand award......looks good on me but how was wakin' up in the truck Sun morning after that pizz up of a party??.....little frosty???.......little hung over?? ouch!!

all in all a great run and a great friendly party afterwards......weekend after Labour Day is permanently etched on my calander

Ahhh, poker run parties and a crew cab go hand in hand Doug. Fold down back seat, a foam pad and a sleeping bag make for a cozy nights sleep and no need to drive anywhere after a few bevies. Too far to hotels from Bewdley to walk, or wobble as the case would have been.

Besides, no way was I sleeping in the boat with my buddy, just tooooo close for comfort .

As for a hangover, I'm one of the lucky ones, I rarely ever get one Must be the Irish in me
Old 09-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Registered

Any pictures?

Friends of mine went with their 288 Sun. He told me some people thought he was me and was called Canada Jeff...LOL..thats funny.

I hope I can go next year, not that far from us.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Registered

That's funny about Canada Jeff a few of us thought it was you.

Airpacker, you may as well buy a bigger truck for more comfort, better yet sleep in Raymond's FL 60!!

Doug, I deffinately had a great lookin crew, especially the blond, (Carrie) she is awesome, totally fun and loves Poker Runs, how can I go wrong. Hey, a lot like you and Suzie!!! You and your wife are super nice and enjoyed talking with you, hope to see you guys again soon.

Take care all and be safe on the water.

Jay

Quick Reply: Rice Lake Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.