Notices

Cumberland Poker Run

Old 09-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cumberland Poker Run

Originally Posted by DrNautica
Yes.
It was pretty funny when the 42 Carver pulled up next too us, I was the one on the 35 Formula. I was real disappointed because I thought they were going to be boring...MAN WAS I WRONG, after 3 hrs of those watching those two women go at it I still didn't lose interest. HA!!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
That looks great!!
With as much hardware there, somehow I missed that one.
Any shot's of the rigging Birdog was talking about?
Beautiful boat!

On a side note, I was pretty impressed with the Silver Cig with the staggered 700's and NXT drives. Didn't hear how it performed though. Anyone?? Anyone?? Beuller? Bueller?
Tim G. of Cigarette Racing has been campaigning that boat on the PR circuit all summer. I have run with Tim and the boat twice; once in Chicago in my boat; and LCPR last weekend. I never got a good view of the NXT1 drives in Chicago. All I could see was the nose of the boat when I was turning my head to look for traffic to the rear.

In all seriousness, its really sharp, and runs really well.

Formula, Fountain, Cigarette, and I believe OL all have experience with the NXT1 drives. They are not indestructable, and I know a few have been broken, but they do run well.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by duke252
OK, I know that there are a lot of people that were taking pictures of the two women on the 42 Carver at the Falls on Saturday. Anyone got any pics that are not completely XXX?

Just one,,,the rest would have to be sent to the xxx section
Attached Thumbnails Cumberland Poker Run-dsc05421102.jpg  
Old 09-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Yes, I do actually.

Running 90mph in Defy'n Gravity:
Thanks, I thought I saw you snap a picture!!! I'm still down 450 RPM at that speed, Fred was going to bring a set of props to try, but he had some issues with his boat. Brian, we enjoyed having you join us, just wished Rich would have joined us!!! Blue Skies!!! R & C
Old 09-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dkwestern
Robbie, Was yours Hull #2, love seeing pics of it! I remember the 1st pics I saw of it still in the shop in Lauderdale when it was just being finished, still had tape and plastic on it. Loved it ever since!

I see you were tied up to Rich in "Sumthings gotta give", how did they compare in size, looks like the PP is taller, but I've read the cabins are very close in size. Any comparisons?? Sideways, how bout you, how do they stack up? Shoot me a PM if you don't want to post anything good or bad. I don't think you can go wrong either way! Darren
Darren, Yes, hull #2!!! Ours is considered a 2002 boat as the #2. The #1 boat build & finished 6 months earlier is titled as a 2004!!! Go figure! This is the second time I've been tied to, or near the 37' AT. Chris, my wife and myself really like the side by side bolsters, and the side entry to the cabin. I do like the 37' AT nice layout!!! I'm in Oakland CA right now and don't have any pictures of the rigging! I will post some later this week. There was some very nice hardware @ Cumberland with first class rigging. We did not take any pictures of the 2 boats together, never pulled the camera out, glad to see the picture that Brain had.

Do you have the 97' 33' that is staggered? Very nice boat!!! Robbie
Attached Thumbnails Cumberland Poker Run-0r75165-r2-050-23a.jpg   Cumberland Poker Run-0r75165-r2-056-26a.jpg   Cumberland Poker Run-0r75165-r2-058-27a.jpg  

Last edited by DEFYN GRAVITY; 09-12-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:30 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DEFYN GRAVITY
Thanks, I thought I saw you snap a picture!!! I'm still down 450 RPM at that speed, Fred was going to bring a set of props to try, but he had some issues with his boat. Brian, we enjoyed having you join us, just wished Rich would have joined us!!! Blue Skies!!! R & C
Robbie it was nice meeting you and your wife Chris.I found my elec. problem that shut the boat down when we where on the run on sat.It was a loose wire that if you didn't go through all the wires behind the dash and did the wiggle test you wouldn't have seen it.oh well at least i was able to meet a few more people on the docks.
"Would you like to see my monkey"
Old 09-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 162 Likes on 63 Posts

Rich I hope you had fun even though you had a wire issue. Pictures of your boat don't do it justice and she sure sounded sweet blowing us. By the way did you get to enjoy any of that pizza Sat. night.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:43 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Was that your Cig??
That was my favorite boat there.
I have a nice running shot I'll try to post this weekend when I have some time.
Yes that was us. I'll look for the pic and thanks for the comment it means a lot especially with all the incredible hardware at the dock.

I'm sure I will always remain partial to the old school look.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duke252
It was pretty funny when the 42 Carver pulled up next too us, I was the one on the 35 Formula. I was real disappointed because I thought they were going to be boring...MAN WAS I WRONG, after 3 hrs of those watching those two women go at it I still didn't lose interest. HA!!
I was 5 boats down and said " those are some classy looking chicks! Boy was I wrong,LOL!"
Old 09-13-2006, 09:12 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

The OSO Home Video of the Poker Run is now posted in the video section of the Forum. Due to the R rating of this video we could not post it here.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...play.php?f=158

Quick Reply: Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.