myco trailer , need a seal part # >

myco trailer , need a seal part #

Notices

myco trailer , need a seal part #

Old 09-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts
Default myco trailer , need a seal part #

for the 5200lb DEXTER axle or is this something I HAVE TO BUY from myco. axles have that stainless lip pressed on the spindle..

glad i'm not on side of the road right now cause NAPA can 't MATCH THE SEAL WITH THE # S-10913
Old 09-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: myco trailer , need a seal part #

go on the myco website and put in your trailer model number and it will give you all of the part numbers, good luck
Old 09-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Registered

i did that , for the seal it shows a myco part # not the actual seal #. although they do have the actual bearing part # ..

http://www.mycotrailers.com/searchre...2-E0C9291C52B9
Old 09-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

open72,

I hope this helps you out. I'm pretty sure I have the same axles under my Myco.

You do not have to buy bearings or seals from Myco.

I sell them and any good auto parts house or Industrial Bearing Distributor should have them in stock. The key is getting the part number.

What Myco recommends now is the C/R (Chicago Rawhide) part # 24396. C/R is now a division of SKF Bearing. This seal has a BROWN Viton Sealing Lip. I think that is overkill, but overkill is not a bad thing. You will be fine with the same size seal from C/R or National with the standard black neoprene lip material.

C/R 24936

I.D. = 2.5 Inches (measure outside diameter of sleeve on spindle)

O.D. = 3.376 Inches

Width = .438 Inches

Hope this helps you out. If not measure the OD of the sleeve and the ID of the hub where the seal fits and I will be able to give you the part number.

Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails myco trailer , need a seal part #-dsc01365-custom-.jpg   myco trailer , need a seal part #-dsc01366-custom-.jpg   myco trailer , need a seal part #-dsc01367-custom-.jpg  

Old 09-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I just call Myco , give them my s # and they next day everything I need to my door. Bought extra everything now its on the shelf.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Registered

hey dock , hers a pic and the hub has a # of 8-213. i do not have a mic to give a accurate #...

i got the bearings from the supply house, timken's and the seal they gave me fits the hub but will not go over that lip...

thing that really gets me pissed is that to do all of this should have taken 3 or so hours....
Attached Thumbnails myco trailer , need a seal part #-img_1105.jpg  
Old 09-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered

just called napa , neither 1 of those #'s come up in there system....
Old 09-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ReggieRaft
I just call Myco , give them my s # and they next day everything I need to my door. Bought extra everything now its on the shelf.
i plan on having extras...as for next day , it can wait , can work on it only on weekends , no time during the week...

really just has me hot right now

FOR THE SAKE OF THIS RANT!!!!!..................

what if this was on a saturday , family leaving for a vacation or on your way home and this happens in some place between BFE and your destination....

you ,i, or anyone have a bearing let go or something and you can't get a f'n seal !!!!!

what sleep on the side of the road or where ever you limped too...till myco opens and fed x's you ........

it's your responsability to maintain your equipment

i just purchased this trailer from another OSO brother and when the trailer was delivered 3 seals were slinging grease and a caliper froze up eating a rotor...

so , i need to do the brakes , while i'm at it , be responsable and do the seals and a bearing inspection/repack...

but you need the magical f'n seal ..........
Old 09-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OPEN72,

You have the same hub that I am running. It is the old setup that Myco used before going to the seal and steel sleeve that I have pictured above.

Here is the deal, and trust me I have been in the bearing business 32 years and I have done these hubs on my trailer twice.

The part in the picture you posted above is actually part of the oil seal. It fits so tight that it breaks off and stays on the spindal when you remove the hub. You need to remove it "VERY CAREFULLY" so that you do not damage the spindle.

The seal you need is a National #370219A. If your parts house does not have them, I can help you. I have them in stock for $18.50 each.

You MUST be very careful putting the new seals in the hub. They MUST go in perfectly straight and level.

Call me on my cell phone if you have any questions. I will be happy to walk you through it.

Mark Terry
704-450-8561

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 09-10-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered

looks like you have the Grit Gard type seals used on big trucks.
that metal ring is the gard to keep grit and debris from getting to the seal. it should come right off. The replacement seal if same type will some with that gaurd. Its a real pain to install corectly without the proper tools. It must be set to an exact depth and perfectly square or will leak. I am betting if you took it off a regular seal will go on the axle.

Quick Reply: myco trailer , need a seal part #

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.