Notices

28 Tuff

Old 10-26-2006, 05:35 PM
NorTechNorth.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 28 Tuff

Mark took me for a ride in the 28 outboard this summer and it was awesome. The thing got my heart pumping yet didn't scare Dawn in the backseat. That's all Mark has to do to sell these boats: get you in one on a demo. Then you're done!
-Peter
By the way, yes, that man can drive a boat.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TUFFboat
Hi;
The TUFF 28 with the first I/O got pushed back as recent demand for the TUFF 21 came out of no where.
Gauges are are in, mostly wired. We tooled new front seat shells for more of that MTI look. So it needs upholstery and the motor installed. 525 would be my choice. The big part left is to style the I/O hatch around the exhaust pipes, which will exit through the hatch.
I may miss the season here for the first run and may go south for the maiden voyage.

Mark

that boat is pucking awsome remindes me of my mag only a lot cleaner, that deck is flawless....Post more pics .you are not getting the attention you deserve.................sweet boat man.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice
Old 10-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

My situation has not changed, Orders of the TUFF 21 are being worked on and the TUFF 28 must wait, although my anticipation to get results on the I/O are unbearable. I have just finished the I/O hatch plug. Trying to keep it low, sleek and flowing with the rest of the boat has been enjoyable.

Just imagine this blue TUFF 28 without the motors and a contoured hatch with the exhaust tubes coming out through the back of the hatch.
Attached Thumbnails 28 Tuff-28-boatshow-001.jpg   28 Tuff-muskoka-640.jpg  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Those tuffs are sick!! How much for a base boat roughly?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Registered

Beautiful boat. Not a copy at all, but similar feel to the 27' Excalibur. Love it. How would this boat go with twin 200's, about 75?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Registered

I saw the Tuff 28 hull at the Toronto show and was very impressed. If the I/O version sits in the water the same way as it does with the outboard version, I'll be drooling all over my keyboard!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuff:

Sorry if I came over harsh. People(not you) sitting behind computers talking this , that , etc drives me crazy. I like your boat , nice piece. I raced and won the Ontario Offshore Challenge in Toronto back in 1999 - F1. I wished some of your fans could of been riding in the back seat - haha. Good luck!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

When we designed the TUFF28 it became quite apparent that our aerodynamic concerns and targets were already considered by the famous builders of the past. The deck line for example has a curve that produces natural lift in the center of the deck at 'attack posture'. This distinctive line showed up on the Arrnow boats because, as I'm told, two aeronautical engineers penciled out the Magnum for Don, and must have been pursuing similar goals. So, the old school look is not by accident.

We should not talk numbers on here, I'd be glad to respond to costs if you could e-mail to the 'Contact' link on the TUFF site.

Twin 200's... How fast with twin 200s, I don't know, I could guess at it, the calculator says 81mph, might be a little high but I could say 75mph anytime.

Hey Joker, it sounds like you like the rough water better than the fast flat water, if so than I'm with you. I know what you mean, when you see the race on video it does not look that bad, but like you said ' you should have seen it in the boat'.
Attached Thumbnails 28 Tuff-poker-run-1a.jpg  
Old 10-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Registered

I wonder how the 28' will do in the rough water. I noticed from some pics on the Tuff site that there is a significant pad down the center of the boat. Any ideas?

Randy

Quick Reply: 28 Tuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.