Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How much of a market would there be??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140285-how-much-market-would-there.html)

DURANGOKID59 09-12-2006 12:44 PM

How much of a market would there be???

Alright guys, I need some opinions here. As a lot of us probably have in common, I hate my job and answering to other people. So, Ive been thinking of a way to start my own business. Ive been thinking of taking trips to all the major hotspots for major events and partys, and doing a video, and putting it all together. Im kinda thinking a girls gone wild meets some of the baddest boats out there type video. Would there be much of a market for something like that outside of the offshore crowd, if at all? Just looking to find some opinions. The reason I thought of this is I went to Suncoast video the other day looking to buy a boating video of some sort, and I could find extreme skiing, biking, snowmobiling, yadda yadda, but nothing powerboat related. Thoughts, comments??

Shore Thing 09-12-2006 01:51 PM

Re: How much of a market would there be???

I would love to see videos like that. However, I don't think outside of the offshore community there would be much demand. My guess is that you MIGHT make enough back to cover your expenses, but you wouldn't be able to quit your day job to do it. Sorry for the negativity, but I really think this is the truth.

What about freelancing and trying to film videos for established companies like girls gone wild. You could try to contact them and see if they had any interest and do it on the side while you KEEP YOUR DAY JOB and feel your way around. Pun intended. :D :D

DURANGOKID59 09-12-2006 01:57 PM

Thanks for the reply. Just trying to get an idea of what kind of market there would be, and if it would be worth the time and money invested. I would be more leaning towards the boats, but adding the women to bring in a broader range of viewers. Just an idea Ive been throwing around, because I would love to have something like that available to buy.

THEJOKER 09-12-2006 01:57 PM

Sell toilet paper , tires , water , insurance , etc. Do not start any business related to boating. You'll have to give away the first 50 videos and then the rest of your customers will want one for 1/2 price. Boating should always be a hobby. Oh yea...how do you make a million dollars in the boating business , start with 2 million - haha.

THEJOKER 09-12-2006 01:59 PM

Oh yea...you might get laid. That would be worth something . hahaha

DURANGOKID59 09-12-2006 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Sell toilet paper , tires , water , insurance , etc. Do not start any business related to boating. You'll have to give away the first 50 videos and then the rest of your customers will want one for 1/2 price. Boating should always be a hobby. Oh yea...how do you make a million dollars in the boating business , start with 2 million - haha.

I aleady sell car parts and tires, and believe me its not much fun. I guess Im looking to do something that I would enjoy as opposed to something just to pay the bills. :D

THEJOKER 09-12-2006 02:05 PM

Do you own the business?

DURANGOKID59 09-12-2006 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Do you own the business?

Nope, I work for a dealership. Wish I did though, then I wouldnt be hunting out these side projects :rolleyes:

THEJOKER 09-12-2006 02:10 PM

Ok got ya.....ah it might work. Never know until you try. I'd buy one , for 1/2 price that is - jk!

dean51267 09-12-2006 02:14 PM

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...home-headlines

'GIRLS GONE WILD', FOUNDER GUILTY IN SEXUAL EXPLOITATION CASE...

Just a heads up :D